X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Earth 2 Chris
    Verbose Member
    • Mar 7, 2004

^Me too.

I watched that show ONE TIME, but yet the "Hammerman, Hammer, Hammerman, Hammer..." theme song has been stuck in my head for 30 years.

Chris
    sigpic

Comment

• Falstaff13
      Persistent Member
      • May 28, 2008

I honestly never saw an episode, but I remember ads for it and it being featured in a preview for the season. I need to look it up--it must have been opposite something else I wanted to see? It's also hitting about the time I did stop watching Saturday mornings.
      Hugh H. Davis

Wanted: Legends of the West (Empire & Excel) and other western historically-based figures. Send me an offer.
      Also interested in figures based on literary characters.

Comment

• Wee67
        Museum Correspondent
        • Apr 2, 2002

I had to come back and post about today's Afterschool Special, What Are Friends For.

First off, it starred Dana Hill (European Vacation) and Melora Hardin (Transparent) and was directed by father-of-Jake-and-Maggie Steven Gyllenhaal.

It was freakin' weird. Its about a kid learning about why its sometimes better for parents to divorce. BUT it's done through the story of two friends forming a relationship and then "breaking up." During the course of the friendship, Dana Hill makes Hardin pledge her loyalty through a Tibetan ritual, even giving her a ring to cement their friendship. At one point, Hill baths an antique doll in a red liquid-filled bathtub while wearing KISS-like make-up.

Last edited by Wee67; Jul 1, '20, 6:14 PM.
        WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.

Comment

• tay666
          Career Member
          • Dec 27, 2008

All of this sounds so familiar, yet I cannot think of one special.
          I know I saw a bunch.

Only thing I can think of at all, is the movie Little Darlings.
          (probably because I had a mad crush on Kristy McNichol and it ran endlessly on HBO at the time)

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎