• alex
    Permanent Member
    • Jun 15, 2009

Mezco Nosfaratu

This seriously could be my first one.

• ODBJBG
    Permanent Member
    • May 15, 2009

Looks great, though the head sculpt is a bit off to me as it's basically a rework of their old Nos. I'm sure they'll figure out a way to charge too much for it.

Comment

• melstapler
      Museum Super Collector
      • Aug 2, 2014

Been wondering which body type they'll use for Nos as he looks great in the photos. Like many Mezco buyers, I'm hoping they'll move away from the Joker/Star Trek body buck and go with something more sturdy and with articulation comparable to their Sovereign Knight Batman.

Comment

• enyawd72
        Maker of Monsters!
        • Oct 1, 2009

I can't believe this thing sold out. $169 for a six inch figure that doesn't even require a license?
        Jakk's Pacific made a Lugosi Dracula years ago the same size, with a diorama base, coffin, cloth cape, rats and a bat for $20.

Good thing vampires hate daylight, cause Mezco can stick this where the sun don't shine! LOL

Comment

• Werewolf
          Inhuman
          • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by enyawd72
          Jakk's Pacific made a Lugosi Dracula years ago the same size, with a diorama base, coffin, cloth cape, rats and a bat for $20.
          Those were fantastic sets. Shame they never made it past series one. Jakks had amazing figures sets planned including Creature from the Black Lagoon and Invisible Man.
          You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
            Verbose Member
            • Mar 7, 2004

I can't believe this thing sold out. $169 for a six inch figure that doesn't even require a license?

Good thing vampires hate daylight, cause Mezco can stick this where the sun don't shine! LOL
            Mezco is pricing their stuff out of the price range of a lot of people, and approaching Hot Toys prices, at half the size. I forked over the $125 for the Reeve Superman, but that's my favorite film, my favorite version of the character, etc. I don't have buyer's remorse, but I honestly feel slightly gouged.

$80 a pop was more than enough to pay. Although they don't have cloth costumes, honestly the stuff Hasbro is doing in all it's 6" lines is beginning to approach the level of sculpt quality and articulation. And at $20 each, I can forgive the discrepancies.

Chris
            sigpic

Comment

• palitoy
              live. laugh. lisa needs braces
              • Jun 16, 2001

Wow that is a lot of dough for a six inch action figure.
              Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
              http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• enyawd72
                Maker of Monsters!
                • Oct 1, 2009

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
                Mezco is pricing their stuff out of the price range of a lot of people, and approaching Hot Toys prices, at half the size. I forked over the $125 for the Reeve Superman, but that's my favorite film, my favorite version of the character, etc. I don't have buyer's remorse, but I honestly feel slightly gouged.

$80 a pop was more than enough to pay. Although they don't have cloth costumes, honestly the stuff Hasbro is doing in all it's 6" lines is beginning to approach the level of sculpt quality and articulation. And at $20 each, I can forgive the discrepancies.

Chris
                I hear ya. $125 is bad enough, that's why I can't believe Nosferatu is another $45 on top of that for a public domain character. Oh wait, they're throwing in a $5 t-shirt...whoopty doo!

Hasbro is getting all my money this year...between G.I. Joe Classified and Transformers R.E.D.

Comment

• melstapler
                  Museum Super Collector
                  • Aug 2, 2014

A number of these Mezco 1:12 figures are rather fragile, but I've noticed an improvement in the past two or three years. I bought a cheaply priced used Ascending Knight Batman from a comic shop and the guy told me it was owned by a small child, hence the numerous fabric tears and bite marks on the head. The Ascending Knight body held up remarkably well and the follow-up Sovereign Knight Batman from last year was also very sturdy and has been reliable. If this new Nosferatu uses the Joker/Star Trek body buck, it could prove to be more delicate. However, the coffin with Nos is very enticing and the main reason I'll need one.

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎