X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TRDouble
    Permanent Member
    • Jul 10, 2012

What ReMegos Did You Miss Out On?

Sometimes, when I am on the computer, I go down an unexpected rabbit hole that sucks up my time. On this occasion, I started looking at Megos, that took me to FTC Universe of Evil Wonder Woman, to the Cheetah as Wonder Woman, to Tonner's Lady Action with Wonder Woman Outfit, to reissues of Captain Action (whew!).

That's when I cam across the one ReMego I regret missing the most... Castaway Toys Captain Action and Dr. Evil.

Captain Action is a little before my time, but when the reissue from Playing Mantis and then, Round Two came out, I was all over them.... um... well, when they went on clearance. I'm not sure what I was collecting at the time, but both times, I picked up sets after market, or in the case of the figures themselves, a BUNCH when Toys R Us was trying to get rid of them. At that time, I figured one body for each Marvel set, and I was preparing for the DC Comics sets (that never came).

Back to ReMego, I would LOVE to have 8" versions of these characters! But by the time I found out about them, they were long gone.

Honorable mention to the Castaway Toys Phantom.

What ReMegos did you miss out on?
  • Goblin19
    Talkative Member
    • May 2, 2002

The only one I missed is Universe of Evil Wonder Woman. All others, even if I considered them, I decided to pass on, so no regrets.

Comment

• TRDouble
      Permanent Member
      • Jul 10, 2012

Originally posted by Goblin19
      The only one I missed is Universe of Evil Wonder Woman. All others, even if I considered them, I decided to pass on, so no regrets.
      I missed that one too. I am hopeful though, since Evil Universe Aquaman returned.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
        Muddling through
        • Oct 4, 2008

i just sold off my Cpt Action and Dr Evil last year. they were really well done. Castaway did a superb job on all of their product

Comment

• GlobalObserver
          Persistent Member
          • Aug 12, 2004

I missed out on Cast-a-Way's The Phantom - Dailies Edition & Early Bird - Achmed.

I had ample opportunity to order them so I can only blame my own stupidity.

Comment

• tllgn
            Persistent Member
            • Feb 6, 2010

Actually for me ,I was really into the retro megos,from bif bang pow! Castaway,FTC, Spectre,odiaon,emce/diamond select.so didn't miss anything that I would regret later,there were a couple passes,however I would still pass today.

Comment

• scott metzger
              Persistent Member
              • Jul 9, 2007

I regret that I didn't stock up on the Big Bang THeory Trek ladies when they were out for those blue uniforms (if only one of them had dressed in command yellow, we'd have all three colors. Sigh).

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                Verbose Member
                • Mar 7, 2004

I definitely missed out on the Spectre Dark Shadows figures. I assumed they'd be around for awhile...but nope. They were GONE in a hurry.

Chris
                sigpic

Comment

• cjefferys
                  Duke of Gloat
                  • Apr 23, 2006

Hell, all of them.

Comment

• powersthatbe
                    Persistent Member
                    • Sep 27, 2010

I never did pull the trigger on The Dark Shadows figures. Also Django Unchained(where we know the reason why) and Hateful Eight. and never got Weird Al and Snake Plissken.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                      Master of Fowl Play
                      • Jun 5, 2008

Now that I know of the magic of naphtha, I sort of regret not collecting Battlestar Galactica and Six Million Dollar Man. Otherwise, having just nabbed the Spectre Dark Shadows set, I'm content.
                      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• hedrap
                        Permanent Member
                        • Feb 10, 2009

I'm like Global, I could have bought 'em all. I held sooo many of the DST figures at my TRU...every single uni monster. I couldn't escape the Venture stuff. CAW parts were at the Meet for years. Ent Earth and Big Bad had yuge clearances on BBP. I passed up Dark Shadows because I'm not a fan.

Only one I regret is not keeping Ming. Had em, sold em. I did it because I was debating customizing him and then thought it was too nice for fodder.

Comment

• knight errant00
                          8 Inch Action Figure
                          • Nov 15, 2005

Jonny Quest. I was waiting it out for a variety of reasons, and then they were gone.

Comment

• GlobalObserver
                            Persistent Member
                            • Aug 12, 2004

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
                            I definitely missed out on the Spectre Dark Shadows figures. I assumed they'd be around for awhile...but nope. They were GONE in a hurry.

Chris
                            Yeah, I missed out on those too for the same reason.

Comment

• alex
                              Permanent Member
                              • Jun 15, 2009

A show I never watched, but love the design of the figures was The Venture Bros., one line I might go back to one day.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎