X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

5 Awesome Things on eBay this week

Lost In Space Jupiter II 1966 1967 Maruzan Japan Marusan Battery Operated Saucer I really wanted Lost in Space toys as a kid, the trouble was I discovered the show in 1981. I am especially fond of this wind up Jupiter 2 toy I've never heard, the seller even included a You Tube Video of it in action, check it out below:

Superhero Stamps store poster- I remember getting all excited about Superhero stamps for a weekend as a kid, it was such a passing fancy but I can't resist this poster.

Planet of the Apes Archery set- Remember all the arrows in Planet of the Apes? Me neither, I still want this....

1970s Bullwinkle Show Poster- I've never heard of this live event that starred Rocky & Bullwinkle, Spider-Man, Tom & Jerry, King Kong and Dracula? I'd sure like to know what the story was, it sound weird and dream like.

Jaxxon heads for action figures- Remember the big green space bunny from Marvel Comic's Star Wars? The one George Lucas hated? Well I loved him and now I can make an action figure of him using this awesome head. I totally won't do this but I love having the choice....

For more Fashion Mockery and 70's toy love visit us at Plaid Stallions.com

More...
  • Confessional
    Maker & Whatnot
    • Aug 8, 2012

Even more proof of Japanese wonder! Marusan made so many incredible toys and that J2 absolutely-godhead-cool!

Oh, and you gotta love the audacity of toys that require, but don't include "Scotch Tape" for assembly and use.

Comment

• sprytel
      Talkative Member
      • Jun 26, 2009

SUPER HERO STAMPS!Put them on letters and things!
      *Not valid as U.S. postage

Comment

• Bruce Banner
        HULK SMASH!
        • Apr 3, 2010

Yeah, Jaxxon rules!

PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• sprytel
          Talkative Member
          • Jun 26, 2009

^^^ Is it bad that I read that in the voice of Mel Blanc?!

Comment

• palitoy
            live. laugh. lisa needs braces
            • Jun 16, 2001

Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
            http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• palitoy
              live. laugh. lisa needs braces
              • Jun 16, 2001

Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
              http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                Verbose Member
                • Mar 7, 2004

That Super Hero stamp poster looks to be the work of Neal Adams' Continuity Studios. I think they did a lot of the stamp artwork as well.

That Bullwinkle thing has to be the most random conglomeration of characters ever...until you realize nearly ALL of these characters currently co-exist at Universal Studios Theme Park in Florida!

Chris
                sigpic

Comment

• cjefferys
                  Duke of Gloat
                  • Apr 23, 2006

Nice research on the Bullwinkle show articles! Man I'd love to see what that show was like, it's so bizarre.

Comment

• Falstaff13
                    Persistent Member
                    • May 28, 2008

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
                    That Super Hero stamp poster looks to be the work of Neal Adams' Continuity Studios. I think they did a lot of the stamp artwork as well.

That Bullwinkle thing has to be the most random conglomeration of characters ever...until you realize nearly ALL of these characters currently co-exist at Universal Studios Theme Park in Florida!

Chris
                    I was trying to find that connection, like the Bugs Bunny in Space/Bugs Bunny Meets the Superheroes shows falling under the WB umbrella. I still like the idea of someone in a conference room saying "They've got Bugs Bunny & Batman? Okay, we'll put Spiderman in with Bullwinkle, and you know what will make all the difference? Dracula!"
                    Hugh H. Davis

Wanted: Legends of the West (Empire & Excel) and other western historically-based figures. Send me an offer.
                    Also interested in figures based on literary characters.

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎