Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone Else Still Furloughed?

unemployed here along with 47 million americans. I wish I was Furloughed

I've been off since mid March and will be till September.

Quote Originally Posted by toyhunter1970 View Post
    unemployed here along with 47 million americans. I wish I was Furloughed
    I feel ya.
    I donít have a ton of faith that Iíll have a job to stay at if/when we get called back.
    Our contract will ďforceĒ them to bring us off furlough, but Iím expecting (and have been warned of) some deep layoffs on day one.
    Iím in the bottom 3rd seniority-wise so My confidence is low.

Awkward situation, has two jobs. Main job (40+ a week). Was the main source of income paying for everything, bills, food, etc.

The second job was paying for all of my school and "hobbies".

I was layed off from the 2nd and I don't know if I will ever get it back?

The first one I still have, but my last day of work we as March 14. At home all these months and still getting paid. I consider that a blessing and am grateful. Went back to work for one day the week of JUNE (10). And then the week of the (17) also for one day.

But, went back (sorta) full time last week. (22-26), I'm working from. 11am to 4pm everyday and getting full 8 hour/40 hour pay. Again, very grateful.

Really want the other job back, Jonesing for Golden age books!!! 😵

Ive been furloughed since March 20. I was supposed to go back at the beginning of June but with buisness being slow who knows when Ill be going back at this point. Im fortunate that me and my wife who's back to work don't have any kids and have enough to last us for quite sometime I know many aren't (me personally I learned my lesson in the 2008/2009 recession).
    It feels strange not to be working after working for so many years but I hope to be back before long.
    It was nice to have some time in the house but now Im anxious to return.
    What makes it even worse is that I can't go on a vacation and everything is going day to day.
    I miss when summers were fun and full of adventure.

Images
    Lucky enough to be working from home this whole time. Doesn't seem like we're going back to the office anytime soon, especially with the number of cases spiking like crazy.

I of course want this all to be over, but I have LOVED working from home. I don't miss the hour commute both to and fro, and I enjoy getting to spend a lot more time with my family.

I'm hoping I can work something out to work at least a few days from home every week once this is all over.

Chris
    http://megomuseum.com/community/signaturepics/sigpic22_1.gif

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Earth 2 Chris View Post
    I'm hoping I can work something out to work at least a few days from home every week once this is all over.

Chris
    It is a possibility that the new "norm" that emerges might make that possible for a lot of people. Remote work and many other paradigms were already in play and this event might be what hastens all kinds of different, and hopefully better, ways of getting things done.