Originally posted by palitoy
    Hemanwimminhaters
    That reference made me laugh.

Comment

• Timothy2251
      Jerks beef with Ten Bears
      • Mar 15, 2008

Originally posted by palitoy
      People have made fandom unfun with their crappiness these days. Everything has this weird bent to it.

In my head, the Marvel Star Wars comics are in continuity but not the prequels, no matter what someone tells me, I don't care. It's really easy, I sleep well at night.
      I can't fault this at all. In my head, the movies are the movies, and if I want to see Luke and Mara Jade as husband and wife, the Legends stuff is still out there. I win either way.

I'm satisfied with the films so far. The Skywalker saga ended, and there's a whole galaxy of stories to play with. LOVED The Mandalorian and I'm intrigued with the upcoming High Republic books and media. Gimme those Golden Age Jedi NOW!
      "It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues. There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see, and so there is iron in your words of life. No signed paper can hold the iron. It must come from men. The words of Ten Bears carries the same iron of life and death. It is good that warriors such as we meet in the struggle of life... or death. It shall be life."

Comment

• jwyblejr
        galactic yo-yo
        • Apr 6, 2006

Hate to burst Star Wars fans bubble but Legends wasn't all it's cracked up to be. Sure let's bring in Luke's clone LuuuuUUke or whatever they called that. They do realize Rise of Skywalker got some of their ideas from Legends,don't they? Clone Emperor,the whole Essence Transfer nonsense came from Dark Horse comics.

Comment

• Werewolf
          Inhuman
          • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by jwyblejr
          Sure let's bring in Luke's clone LuuuuUUke or whatever they called that.
          Ugh, yeah, his evil clone made from his severed hand.
          You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Hector
            el Hombre de Acero
            • May 19, 2003

If you want to hate on someone...hate Lucas...he sold the franchise off to the mouse.
            Last edited by Hector; Jun 24, '20, 9:22 PM.
            sigpic

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
              Often invisible
              • Jul 18, 2002

Yeah, but the prequels were all Lucas and it’s pretty clear that he didn’t even know what people liked about the original films. I mean, midichlorians?!

I believe if he felt he had a direction to go with it, he wouldn’t have sold it. In interviews, he seemed hurt and confused about the way the prequels were received.

Both Lucas and Disney botched up the job of keeping Star Wars going. But then, the story was concluded in the original trilogy. It’s not like it was meant to keep going.

I feel The Mandalorian is about as close as it gets to feeling like the OT. Maybe Disney will be smart enough to bring in Favreau to straighten out the future of Star Wars.
              Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                Muddling through
                • Oct 4, 2008

i think both Rogue One and Solo were well done and felt like SW. I liked the sequels, but didn't care about the 3 new heroes at all

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                  Verbose Member
                  • Mar 7, 2004

I hope this is fan-wankery. Love them or hate them personally, a lot of kids grew up loving these sequel films, including my daughter, who loves Rey. If you tell her Rey "doesn't matter" because some hemanwimmenhaters (good one Brian) can't stand the fact that women who will never speak to them are important parts of their "play time", well then you have caved into the trolls. Loud trolls, but trolls who are in no way representative of the larger fanbase, being it devoted or casual moviegoers. Most moviegoers don't know or care about Star Wars: Rebels or Clone Wars, no matter how brilliant they are (and they are). To throw out three completely successful films, only to bow to the continuity of a cable-only TV series is a pretty ludicrous idea.

I would love to see Favreau and Filloni be more involved in every aspect of the future of Star Wars, but you don't have to discount the last three films to do that.

Chris
                  sigpic

Comment

• Wee67
                    Museum Correspondent
                    • Apr 2, 2002

I had to force my way through this kinda like trying to gag down gross food. The blatant misogyny challenged me to give this thread any credibility beyond wishful hate. I understand a lot of fans hate the sequels, but it seems there are plenty of legitimate reasons for dislike other than a woman led the production.
                    WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
                      Moderation Engineer
                      • Aug 14, 2003

Yeah, I'm gonna put this in my pointless things I never should have posted pile. I was hoping that Dave Filoni's name being absent would catch people's eye. I keep getting lumped in with the idiots who don't like the sequels because of their biases and prejudices, and that's not what it's about for me at all. To me The Force Awakens could have been an OK start but movie 2 was such a mess that it really handicapped 3 as far as I'm concerned. I'd be perfectly happy if Ahsoka Tano became the new face of the franchise.

Comment

• palitoy
                        live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                        • Jun 16, 2001

I'd have been more supportive of the new movies if they showed any inkling of a plan. I'm pretty open-minded and game for anything aside from that.

As for getting lumped in, yeah that's me with Doctor Who. I think the new show is pretty terrible but it doesn't have to do with the Doctor's gender or people of colour in the TARDIS, those are not and never were problems for me. I'm not interested in bumping elbows or being lumped in with those that make it all about that, so i mainly keep mum on the subject.
                        Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                        http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                          Verbose Member
                          • Mar 7, 2004

^My friend and fellow podcaster Ryan, who has a Star Wars show, was really disenfranchised by TLJ, but after a while he kept his opinions mostly to himself, due to all the really awful people who also hate the film, for totally different and disturbing reasons... like the misogynist bigots who chased the actress who played Rose off of the internet.

It is amazing that Kennedy and her team set out with no road plan, or allowed Rian Johnson to veer so far off what little plan they had, which caused Abrams to have to do backflips to "fix" what was perceived as wrong with TLJ.

They are no Marvel Studios. I know Marvel didn't have EVERYTHING mapped out like they sometimes claim, but they had enough to know the general direction at each point, and what the next two steps were, at least.

Chris
                          sigpic

Comment

Working...
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎