X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • EMCE Hammer
    Moderation Engineer
    • Aug 14, 2003

"New Star Wars Rumor"

I have commented in other threads about how I'm a big fan of Clone Wars, Rebels, and Mandalorian but I truly wish Star Wars would move forward in the timeline. The rumor below addresses some of that. I'm not sure I like Ezra returning as a bad guy, but who knows. Unfortunately I think there's such a glaring omission from this rumor that none of it is true anyway. It's missing two critical words - anyone want to guess which two I mean? And for the record I have never subscribed to any of the feminist-based criticisms of the person repeating this rumor. I don't discount this just because of their stupidity though, I have another reason.

"I am keeping my fingers crossed that this bit of news eventually comes to pass:There is a strong rumor circulating around Lucasfilm that there is a battle going on at Disney for the soul of Star Wars between Kathleen Kennedy (the harbinger of SW death) and her team of feminists, versus George Lucas, Jon Favreau, and those that actually care about SW lore. Rumor has it that Kennedy's contract will not be renewed once it expires, so she is trying like hell to prevent the following from happening ..... That Lucas and Favreau want to take the sequel movies out of the Star Wars canon and make them Legends by moving them into an alternate reality using the Star Wars: Rebels official canon story about the Veil of the Force. Since the Veil is a mystical dimension that connects all time and space, and IS canon, Lucas and Favreau supposedly want to say that The Force Awakens, The Last Jedi, and The Rise of Skywalker all happened in an alternate timeline completely separate from the other six SW movies, and that Palpatine DID in fact die at the end of ROTJ! If this happens, it will mean that Rey, Finn, Poe, Kylo, and everything else that happened to destroy the Star Wars mythos in the sequel movies would be wiped away, as would Kathleen Kennedy's #$%$ feminist SW legacy.I will continue to hope and pray that this happens! One additional rumor is, that if this does manage to hopefully happen, a new trilogy would be written for the REAL Episodes VII, VIII, and IX, but wouldn't go into production for another five to seven years. Supposedly it would be set forty to fifty years after the Battle of Endor, and it would follow Luke and Mara Jade's son Ben Skywalker, and Leia and Han's kids Jacen and Jaina Solo as they, and the new Jedi Order, battle a new Sith who may, or may not be, a fallen Ezra Bridger who has finally returned from the far reaches of the galaxy. We shall see. Even if the new sequel movies never happen, as long as TFA, TLJ, and TROS are all no longer canon, I'll be happy!"
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

Sounds like a bad fan fic.

1 Before the sequel trilogy came out there were people that claimed inside info that were absolutely 100 percent positive that the prequel trilogy would be removed from canon as well. How'd that work out?
    2 Kathleen Kennedy was hand picked by George Lucas.
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
      Often invisible
      • Jul 18, 2002

Ooh, yeah, let’s get rid of the prequels if anything!! They stink and literally ruin Empire.
      Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• sprytel
        Talkative Member
        • Jun 26, 2009

Agree with Werewolf. This is less "rumor" and more "what Star Wars incels whisper into their pillow at night".

Comment

• palitoy
          live. laugh. lisa needs braces
          • Jun 16, 2001

People have made fandom unfun with their crappiness these days. Everything has this weird bent to it.

In my head, the Marvel Star Wars comics are in continuity but not the prequels, no matter what someone tells me, I don't care. It's really easy, I sleep well at night.
          Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
          http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
            Often invisible
            • Jul 18, 2002

Originally posted by palitoy
            People have made fandom unfun with their crappiness these days. Everything has this weird bent to it.

In my head, the Marvel Star Wars comics are in continuity but not the prequels, no matter what someone tells me, I don't care. It's really easy, I sleep well at night.
            I’m so with you. It’s such an easy fix, I just don’t watch the ones I don’t like.
            Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• palitoy
              • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by CrimsonGhost
              I’m so with you. It’s such an easy fix, I just don’t watch the ones I don’t like.
              Exactly! I mean I enjoy teasing my son about the Clone Wars night and day but I don't have the strength to do that with a stranger. Do you think the prequels are incredible? Have fun!

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                Eloquent Member
                • Jan 19, 2008

Originally posted by sprytel
                Agree with Werewolf. This is less "rumor" and more "what Star Wars incels whisper into their pillow at night".
                Wow, you are an "incel" term user. Sorry to hear it...

Comment

• Mikey
                  Verbose Member
                  • Aug 9, 2001

Question: I remember back in the day when Return of the Jedi was lumped with Superman 4 and Star Trek 5

Today Superman 4 and Star Trek 5 are in the same lump but somehow Jedi became a beloved classic

How'd dat happen ?

Comment

• Werewolf
                    Inhuman
                    • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by Mikey

Today Superman 4 and Star Trek 5 are in the same lump but somehow Jedi became a beloved classic

How'd dat happen ?
                    Ewoks.
                    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• sprytel
                      Talkative Member
                      • Jun 26, 2009

Originally posted by LonnieFisher
                      Wow, you are an "incel" term user. Sorry to hear it...
                      Am I using the term incorrectly? Is there a term you would suggest I use instead? I could see how the term might be offensive to those who are involuntarily celibate yet don't act like a gigantic tool... so I am open to alternatives. "Misogynists" maybe works better here?

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
                        Moderation Engineer
                        • Aug 14, 2003

Yes - you all guessed it - "Dave Filoni!"

Comment

• palitoy
                          • Jun 16, 2001

Hemanwimminhaters

Comment

• Goblin19
                            Talkative Member
                            • May 2, 2002

Even if the creative team wanted to rewrite the most recent Star Wars mythology, there would have to be an easier way to get there. Plus, with Carrie Fisher passed on and Harrison Ford aged out (assuming that by the time these would actually get made), what would be the point?

I wasn’t a fan of the direction they ended up going, but still loved.The Force Awakens. I thought The Last Jedi was pretty good, though it did set up troubling storylines that proved too hard to resolve. It was really only Rise of Skywalker that lost me. Even then, I thought it was okay..

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                              Muddling through
                              • Oct 4, 2008

I very much doubt that the house of mouse is going to be willing to rewrite things so soon after the trilogy finished. I would not be sorry to see Kathy Kennedy gone though

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎