X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Falstaff13
    Persistent Member
    • May 28, 2008

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
    ^I could do a podcast or video series of how I really hate McFarlane devoting a whole wave of figures to the DC Metal stuff which I think just looks ridiculous (full disclosure, I haven't tried to read it). But you know what? I just won't buy it.

Michael has a forum and can certainly do whatever he wants, but I definitely don't enjoy the new "Sith" version of RetroBlasting, where he has given into his anger. It made have made him more powerful, with more views, but it's a whole lot less enjoyable for me, personally.

Chris
    Good point--he can do whatever he likes, and I have enjoyed some of his videos even after he started going Sith, as you say, but I think they get too long and too vitriolic in terms of really serving a point. That said, 1) I don't have to watch them and really had stopped but got curious about this playset because of this thread, and 2) there are lots of things people are angry about these days, and if his anger goes towards a toy company, that's just his choice.
    Hugh H. Davis

Wanted: Legends of the West (Empire & Excel) and other western historically-based figures. Send me an offer.
    Also interested in figures based on literary characters.

Comment

• Spawn67
      Career Member
      • Aug 14, 2009

Ive always liked retroblasting for the most part. I still continue to watch his videos and he does bring up some good points weather I agree or disagree. I do like the 40th anniversary black series and he tends to go off about how he doesn't like hasbro but really who does and im glad someone has to say it.. But Ive meet people way worse and cringy than him through out the years.

Comment

• Werewolf
        Inhuman
        • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by palitoy
        Absolutely, if there is genuine anger in it, rethink your priorities in life.
        I agree. It's not healthy to get that mad over toys.
        You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• palitoy
          live. laugh. lisa needs braces
          • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by Spawn67
          But Ive meet people way worse and cringy than him through out the years.
          Oh most definitely, I mean, I knew he'd hate this thing and he didn't disappoint but I've seen SW fans on YouTube that absolutely make my skin crawl, he isn't one of them.
          Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
          http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• palitoy
            • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by Werewolf
            I agree. It's not healthy to get that mad over toys.
            Yeah, Comic based movies where they change the race of a minor character!

(I kid)

Comment

• Werewolf
              Inhuman
              • Jul 14, 2003

Yeah, Comic based movies where they change the race of a minor character!

(I kid)
              That reminds me of when it was announced the live action Disney Little Mermaid would be black. All of a sudden people who had no knowledge or interest in Disney Princesses became very passionate about them.
              You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Myoldtoys
                Veteran Member
                • May 15, 2012

Originally posted by Spawn67
                he tends to go off about how he doesn't like hasbro but really who does and im glad someone has to say it..
                Do you think spewing hate about Hasbro has any impact about what they choose to make? Hasbro is in business to make money. And sometimes that means making things the “adult collector” may not be happy with.

Comment

• Falstaff13
                  Persistent Member
                  • May 28, 2008

Originally posted by Werewolf
                  That reminds me of when it was announced the live action Disney Little Mermaid would be black. All of a sudden people who had no knowledge or interest in Disney Princesses became very passionate about them.
                  Yes--I remember how suddenly people were protective of a story and franchise they had ignored for years.
                  Hugh H. Davis

Wanted: Legends of the West (Empire & Excel) and other western historically-based figures. Send me an offer.
                  Also interested in figures based on literary characters.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                    Eloquent Member
                    • Jan 19, 2008

Remember, talk toys, not people...

Comment

• palitoy
                      • Jun 16, 2001

That's pointed at me, if you got an issue with me, PM me. I'll listen to ya but don't bait me like this.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                        Verbose Member
                        • Mar 7, 2004

Remember, talk toys, not people...
                        The guy has gotten very aggressive toward his fanbase, so I don't have any problem talking about the fact that I don't care for the direction he's gone in. When he actively tells people to basically screw off if they don't like what he's saying...well, you're inviting this type of commentary among toy communities.

Chris
                        sigpic

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                          Eloquent Member
                          • Jan 19, 2008

I was smirking as I wrote that, not sneering, but take it how you want. Most of my posts are taken the wrong way, anyway. I've only watched a few of the guys videos, so I have no clue about him. I really like the custom Galactica ships he was featuring, but don't watch Star Wars toys videos. I've just watched so many of Brian's videos, that that phrase is stuck in my mind...thought it was funny to post it...guess I was wrong.

Comment

• palitoy
                            • Jun 16, 2001

Context is king man and it's lost here sometimes. Glad it's nothing, happy to hear that.

Comment

• palitoy
                              • Jun 16, 2001

It seems totally fair to mention that this review is actually very well done, it's critical but states it's the case in a forthright manner.

Comment

• Palifan
                                Museum Patron
                                • Jan 18, 2016

It seems totally fair to mention that this review is actually very well done, it's critical but states it's the case in a forthright manner.

I watched this yesterday and have to agree Brian, maybe he's relaxed a little with everything and is starting to get back to his old self (let's hope anyway).

Ian

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎