• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • drquest
    ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
    • Apr 17, 2012

Star Wars ESB new Carbon Freezing Chamber

Star Wars ESB new Carbon Freezing Chamber

The article mentions you can connect two of them together.

https://comicbook.com/gear/news/star...chamber-order/

Danny(Drquest)
    Captain Action HQ
    Retro shirts and stuff
    More retro shirts
    Stuff For Sale
  • Palifan
    Museum Patron
    • Jan 18, 2016

There's not a whole lot going on with this play set for me but I do love the box

Ian

Comment

• Werewolf
      Inhuman
      • Jul 14, 2003

That's pretty neat.
      You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
        Muddling through
        • Oct 4, 2008

that's pretty cool. interesting that they don't show the carbonite Han that comes with it though

Comment

• palitoy
          live. laugh. lisa needs braces
          • Jun 16, 2001

Wowee, this thing is getting some hard times from the fan base. It is kind of...no frills.
          Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
          http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Werewolf
            Inhuman
            • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by palitoy
            Wowee, this thing is getting some hard times from the fan base.
            To be fair SW fans have become infamous complainers known for their negativity.
            You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Bruce Banner
              HULK SMASH!
              • Apr 3, 2010

A lot of the complaints focus on the fact that you need to buy two of them to make the full play set.
              PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                Verbose Member
                • Mar 7, 2004

That may be the understatement of the year.

Chris
                sigpic

Comment

• Palifan
                  Museum Patron
                  • Jan 18, 2016

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
                  That may be the understatement of the year.

Chris
                  Lol! It's so true but this is a little underwhelming as a play set but I guess you do get a figure with it and as mentioned before the box looks pretty sweet. It does feel like Hasbro have pretty much given up with the 3.75" scale figures after 40 years and it'll be interesting to see what else they release in this size over the next few years.

ian

Comment

• palitoy
                    • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by Werewolf
                    Oh trust me, I'm factoring out a lot here, I know folks like "retroblasting" weren't gonna be fans.

It just came up in a small and very calm toy group I'm in, where the folks there rarely seem to be "upset" about anything. I actually enjoyed the conversation but
                    their points were valid as to why it's kind of lackluster to them. The majority of them are Pulse members and liked prior releases very much.

Honestly, I think Bespin is really an undeveloped property. Hasbro would have been better to create this large, connective environment that fans could buy in installments.

Comment

• Werewolf
                      Inhuman
                      • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by palitoy
                      I know folks like "retroblasting" weren't gonna be fans.
                      He is an odd one. His persona went from a good natured toy restorer to hating everything with an all consuming burning passion. Seriously, that is one angry dude. I can't watch him anymore.

Comment

• enyawd72
                        Maker of Monsters!
                        • Oct 1, 2009

He is an odd one. His persona went from a good natured toy restorer to hating everything with an all consuming burning passion. Seriously, that is one angry dude. I can't watch him anymore.
                        Same here...I used to love his videos but all he does now is complain about everything.

Comment

• Palifan
                          Museum Patron
                          • Jan 18, 2016

i have to agree also, I've enjoyed his videos for years but recently he just seems angry about everything and even when he does like something like the BSG Viper made to scale with the 3.75" figures, he still talks with a slight frown the whole time.

It's a shame as my son just watched his vid about his DeLorean ( my son has just discovered Back To The Future ), and he seemed a lot more relaxed back then. Maybe it's looking through all of the comments for him on the internet at various places (including this one lol).

Ian

Comment

• palitoy
                            • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by Palifan
                            i have to agree also, I've enjoyed his videos for years but recently he just seems angry about everything and even when he does like something like the BSG Viper made to scale with the 3.75" figures, he still talks with a slight frown the whole time.
                            Ha! One comment I read said something to the effect of "Why does it feel like he's describing cancer? He clearly likes the toy"

It seems though that a lot of people dig this sort of approach, it's not for me but he's got a big audience.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                              Verbose Member
                              • Mar 7, 2004

^I wonder how much of that audience is willing to stick around with his "new" attitude, though? I've stopped watching his videos as well. Too much vitriol over stuff that honestly doesn't matter, especially with all the real-world issues we're facing nowadays. A video on toy discussion can be critical, but should still be a light, fluffy distraction, in my opinion.

Chris
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎