X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
    but I guess I was just morbidly curious last night.
    Happens to the best of us. I think of it this way, you took one for the team and spared the rest of us of having to endure it.
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
      Verbose Member
      • Mar 7, 2004

^Heh. True. Someone else can do it next time. Or we can just give up. ;-)

Chris
      sigpic

Comment

• drquest
        ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
        • Apr 17, 2012

We could do a sign up list, and kind of round robin it so it's fair to everyone
        Danny(Drquest)
        Captain Action HQ
        Retro shirts and stuff
        More retro shirts
        Stuff For Sale

Comment

• PNGwynne
          Master of Fowl Play
          • Jun 5, 2008

I almost never watch these things, I didn't even know of them until mentioned here. Star Wars fandom seems toxic to me. Not just opinionated, but personal and condescending.

I do like the Mego reviews linked here and have watched a few others to make better buying decisions, but ye gods some of the comments.

I understand frustration, though. I've felt that way about exclusives and many FTC issues. But I don't understand the ranting. As if my opinion could possibly influence Anthony B.
          WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• nvmbrsdoom5
            Persistent Member
            • Mar 1, 2005

Honestly I'm really glad to see I'm not the only one who's become very bummed out by channels like "Retroblasting" and others who are not only super-negative most of the time now, but also calling out for people to basically boycott and throw shade at any collector or channel that posts an opinion that conflicts with theirs. Back when he put out his first diatribe against the Carbon Freezing Chamber, I agreed with a few of his viewpoints on it, but when he wound up taking the stance of any collector or channel who reports favorably about the toy are basically either lying or trying to intentionally steer people wrong, I was taken aback pretty badly. Yeah I have my criticisms of that playset and certainly of the way Hasbro handles some things, sure. But I actually thought the playset was kinda cool too for various reasons. And I know other collectors and people with toy channels and blogs who feel the same way as I do, and we shouldn't have to feel like we're going to be publicly shamed and lobbied against for having a positive opinion of something they hate. I dunno I just feel like it's really bad decorum to have a channel like that and say something to your viewer base like Michael did (and continues to do). I started out really enjoying that channel but I wound up unsubscribing months ago and refuse to watch the videos now. I was worried maybe I was being over-sensitive but I see I'm not the only one.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
              Verbose Member
              • Mar 7, 2004

^I agree, his opinions are his own, and his criticisms are often valid. It's that unflinching attitude that if you think otherwise you are a moron, and all the name calling that goes with it that really puts me, and a lot of folks off.

I think some of this is him reacting to people reacting to him, and he's angry and lashing out. He's doubling down, rather than looking at it from a perspective of "this is really getting out of hand".

I have stayed subscribed just because they occasionally put up something vintage and positive I want to watch. But maybe I should "vote with my dollar', unsubscribe, and send a tiny bit of a message that yeah, this isn't what I signed up for.

Chris
              sigpic

Comment

• nvmbrsdoom5
                Persistent Member
                • Mar 1, 2005

Honestly I would watch one of his videos again if it was positive and stuff, I liked when he'd refurbish someone's childhood X-Wing or something like that, always found that interesting! But for me I turn to toy collecting and that sort of content when I really need a positive boost, so I unsubbed from him when it was having the opposite effect on me :/ But unlike Michael I would never turn against someone or talk negatively against someone for a differing opinion especially on something like a toy. If other people want to continue watching and supporting him then they should do that. I don't wish ill will upon him or his channel, I just think he's lost his way and it's a shame :(
                As for making an impression on him by unsubbing, I don't know if it would or wouldn't, honestly. I know on a couple of his videos he started out saying something like, "Well I wasn't even going to touch upon this, but my Patreon subscribers kept asking for it so here goes...". I'm sitting here thinking, "Well I wish you'd stop listening to them then", haha. But I get it. I preferred when he would be nostalgic and positive and just doing content based on his own collecting interests and not taking shots at other people. But ultimately it's his channel, and he can do what he wants with it if he feels like this is the way to go. *shrug*

- Larry

Comment

• nvmbrsdoom5
                  Persistent Member
                  • Mar 1, 2005

Back on topic with the main subject here though, has anyone here ordered or picked up the Freezing Chamber playset? I ordered one and I'm still waiting on mine, but I've seen people on social media claiming they've gotten theirs. Curious to know thoughts on the final product in hand and all that.

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎