Buying some TOYS? Use these nifty links to help support the Mego Museum!

Support the Museum! Buy toys!
ReMegos @ Entertainment Earth | Megos on eBay | Amazon USA | Amazon UK | Amazon Canada

Running the Museum isn't cheap, and we could use your help!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Neca retro Richard Simmons.

I think that's really him… he goes missing for a while, Neca finds him and shoves him into the Grove-duplication-gizmo thus making it our collective responsibility to look after him.

Oh, probably more-smarter-than-you Neca-voodoo here. As I understand Richard still has a huge following/network of fans (not people who merely saw the tv show/bought the vid, but rather a loving horde from the live interactive events he did/does) and this will likely sell just fine.
    Last edited by Confessional; Jun 20, '20 at 6:22 PM. Reason: …non-status quo for the 21 Century!

Images
    Am I the only one hoping they do a Robo-Richard Simmons from The Simpsons?

Blog Entries
    Now up for pre-order, my goodness I bought one.
    https://www.entertainmentearth.com/p...d=ME-002202116
    Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
    http://www.megomuseum.com/odeon/store/products/

Images
    ^me too
    Fresh, not from concentrate.

Images
    I know it may be sad to admit this but I'm going to buy one. Not only is the likeness spot-on but like it or not, he was an 80's icon for a great many.
    Heart of Glass was my secret identity.

Since they seem to be going this route I would buy Saturday Night Live cast and characters if they made them. John Belushi as Samurai, Eddie Murphy as Buckwheat or Gumby, Dana Carvey as Church Lady etc

Images
    Blog Entries
    Hopefully this starts them down a road that includes stops at Captain Kangaroo, Slim Goodbody, and Mr. Rogers. Soundtrack by Wolfman Jack.

This bunch (Golden Girls, Bob Ross, Richard Simmons) all have ironic popularity and are all memes.

Iím thinking someone like Ron Swanson, Alton Brown, or that Ancient Aliens goof Giorgio A. Tsoukalos.
    Last edited by CrimsonGhost; Jun 20, '20 at 11:28 PM.
    Expectation is the death of discovery.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonGhost View Post

Iím thinking someone like Ron Swanson, Alton Brown, or that Ancient Aliens goof Giorgio A. Tsoukalos.
    I honestly do not believe those would sell.

I think Richard Simmons should do okay. But not anything even remotely near Golden Girls numbers. Jokes aside the show has a massive fan base. The majority of which actually do like the show un-ironically. Bob Ross is an icon. Beloved way before the hipster internet memes.
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

^I’m not changing my answer. I believe the majority of people who buy these figures do so because of the ironic quality of them. There’s also a certain amount of trolling involved. At least, that’s why I’m buying them.
    Expectation is the death of discovery.