X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

Toy-Ventures: Shogun Warriors Godzilla and Friends

Toy-Ventures this week is gigantic and green! We talk about one of the most iconic toys of the 1970s, Mattel Shogun Warriors Godzilla and his friends Rodan and Popy Jumbosaurus Godzilla.

It's fist firing fun!

Join our Facebook Group Pod Stallions: https://www.facebook.com/groups/podstallions

Toy-Ventures Magazine is coming this summer, for more inforation, click here: http://plaidstallions.com/reboot/magazine/For more Fashion Mockery and 70's toy love visit us at Plaid Stallions.com

More...
  • tay666
    Career Member
    • Dec 27, 2008

Great episode!
    I still have the whole run of those Godzilla comics that I bought off the newsstand when I was a kid.
    I also own those cartoons on DVD.

Still kicking myself for passing up a chance to finally own that Godzilla. My best friend had to clear his old toys out of his parents house, had them all sitting around in his dining room trying to figure out what to do with them. Asked me if I wanted any of them. I did, but at the time, I also had no where to put anything so I declined.
    Could have had the Godzilla, as well as the Eagle 1 :(

Comment

• Mr.Marion
      Permanent Member
      • Sep 15, 2014

If the Shogun Godzilla was only vintage toy to survive a nuclear holocaust I would say good choice.

A short lived local comic shop in my home town had him and Rodan displayed in their store.
      Oddly enough I don't really care for the Popy version. It just looks off because I'm so familiar with the mattel Godzilla.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
        Verbose Member
        • Mar 7, 2004

Great video! Surprisingly, I'm not a huge Godzilla fan. But I have a friend who is, and 20 years ago, I found a complete, fairly-minty Shogun Godzilla at an antique mall for $20. I gifted it to my friend, who I knew was always looking to replace his childhood one. I watched a grown man cry that day. It was touching, really.

It's a fantastic toy, for certain. That Rodan looks sweet too!

Chris
        sigpic

Comment

• Bruce Banner
          HULK SMASH!
          • Apr 3, 2010

Great video. Always wanted the Mattel Godzilla as a kid. Some day, I'll track one down!
          PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• monitor_ep
            Talkative Member
            • May 11, 2013

I still have my original Godzilla but he is in bad shape: missing hand, lever broke, broken toe nails

For some reason we never had the Shogun Warriors nor do I remember seeing them.
            Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡