X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jrfjr126rock
    Veteran Member
    • Feb 23, 2008

DC's Punchline

I am looking to make DC's new villain, Punchline. She is basically the antithesis of Harley Quinn which I love.

I am thinking she won't be too challenging besides the head. Any ideas? I am not good at rerooting so something as close to this hairstyle as possible. Here is the other items I am using:

• ddgaff1132
    Persistent Member
    • Oct 3, 2007

Plenty of Black haired ladies in the Mego's. I think most have enough hair to pull into a ponytail.
    Check out my picture library of Mego-ish compatible vehicles with ID data.
    MEGO MOTORS

Comment

• Jrfjr126rock
      Veteran Member
      • Feb 23, 2008

Originally posted by ddgaff1132
      Plenty of Black haired ladies in the Mego's. I think most have enough hair to pull into a ponytail.
      It was more the bangs I was worried although Diana Prince has bangs and so does another girl I believe. I decided to use a mattel body so I am hoping that the Zica heads fit since they have a smaller opening.

Comment

• darkbros
        Persistent Member
        • Jul 3, 2012

I'm going with a NuMego 2018 I dream of Jeannie head dyed black.
        the hair pieces that hang on the sides by here ears can be trimmed with cuticle scissors,
        dyed black and then glued with a tiny bit of super glue to the forehead, simulating the bangs.
        my reason for this: I hate trying to get ponytails ( or wrapped ones like this character) right,
        and Jeannie's already established ponytail is a no brainer.
        Customizing 1:9: My Videoblog journey of Customizing!
        https://www.facebook.com/customizingonenine
        ---------------------------------------------------------------------
        "I don't do it for the haters, I do it for the players." --snoop dogg

Comment

• scott metzger
          Persistent Member
          • Jul 9, 2007

The Lois head from CTVT has black hair and bangs.

Comment

• Jrfjr126rock
            Veteran Member
            • Feb 23, 2008

Originally posted by darkbros
            the hair pieces that hang on the sides by here ears can be trimmed with cuticle scissors,
            dyed black and then glued with a tiny bit of super glue to the forehead, simulating the bangs.
            my reason for this: I hate trying to get ponytails ( or wrapped ones like this character) right,
            That sounds like an idea... my Punchline is on the backburner until I finish this Killer Frost and Bronze Tiger I am working on but I'd love to see your result when finished!

Comment

• danadoll
              Micronaut Nut!
              • Apr 11, 2005

Or you could go the route that somebody (I forget who, sorry...my memory is terrible) else did and use the teen Merrium head at FTC (maybe with a repaint and a trim of her bangs?)...

Dana
              Screenshot_2020-06-25-10-23-07.jpg

https://02ab9e1.netsolstores.com/cus...dhead-3-2.aspx
              Last edited by danadoll; Jun 25, '20, 9:27 AM.
              "Do you want a doll?" Kurt

Comment

• danadoll
                Micronaut Nut!
                • Apr 11, 2005

Originally posted by Jrfjr126rock
                That sounds like an idea... my Punchline is on the backburner until I finish this Killer Frost and Bronze Tiger I am working on but I'd love to see your result when finished!
                Oh, it was you that was asking about that head, in another thread...haha!

Dana
                "Do you want a doll?" Kurt

Comment

• shooby32
                  • Jun 1, 2007

Originally posted by darkbros
                  Dyeing the hair can be problematic, and possibly ruin the head if the dye transfers, or slowly bleeds into the vinyl from the hair.

Comment

• darkbros
                    Persistent Member
                    • Jul 3, 2012

Originally posted by shooby32
                    Dyeing the hair can be problematic, and possibly ruin the head if the dye transfers, or slowly bleeds into the vinyl from the hair.
                    looking at this tutorial...doesn't seem problematic.....
                    Title says it all! This tutorial will show you how to properly dye your doll's hair! Leaving a nice texture and vibrant color! Music is royalty free! Feel f...
                    Customizing 1:9: My Videoblog journey of Customizing!
                    https://www.facebook.com/customizingonenine
                    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
                    "I don't do it for the haters, I do it for the players." --snoop dogg

Comment

• shooby32
                      • Jun 1, 2007

That's not dying, that's painting.
                      First, I'd never apply petroleum jelly to vinyl. Ever.

But beyond that, you're not really dyeing (chemically changing the actual color of the hair) you're painting it (covering it with an opaque layer of color on the surface)

You can see how it changes the texture of the hair. Now, if you wanted to paint her hair into a permanent style, you could probably coat the hair with an artist acrylic and have it work like hair gel. In the end it would be like someone sculpted the hair, vs " real" hair. You can try their method too, but for the style you want, glueing down the bangs could be an issue (as the glue would be sticking to the coat of paint, not the hair.

If it were me, and i wasn't going to reroot, i might use either a strong hair gel ( and a ton of it) to style that hair as i want, and let it dry rock hard. Then i would paint over that with a good acrylic. I did that with a Barbie I turned into the Wicked Witch of the West, about a jillion years ago...lol...but her hair was in a permanent style and not a ponytail...

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎