X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Megotastrophe
    Permanent Member
    • Jun 29, 2018

Bride of Frankenstein Slowly Rebooted?

Probably the best of the old Universal movies. It seems like they want her as the lead off.
  • Meule
    Verbose Member
    • Nov 14, 2004

Hell yeah, bring it on
    "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• hedrap
      Permanent Member
      • Feb 10, 2009

A Bride before a Frankenstein's monster was the cart before the horse with Dork Universe, but knowing Koepp's style, it's most likely Elizabeth is killed (maybe by Victor) and he revives her. Following what's been said about Wolfman and Dracula, there's a distinct pattern forming of following Invisible Man's lead and making these female empowerment movies. If that keeps the monster behaving as a monster (and not another iteration of Beauty & The Beast), so be it.

Comment

• ODBJBG
        Permanent Member
        • May 15, 2009

Original pitch sounded awful. Angelina Jolie? She's not a box office draw and not a good fit for this IMO.

New pitch may be better, but with Universal, I'm guessing this is just talk. They have ZERO idea what they want to do.

Comment

• Wee67
          Museum Correspondent
          • Apr 2, 2002

I like the idea of rebooting this movie. It doesn't carry the huge cultural expectations that Frank or Drac bring along, potentially allowing more creativity. The recent Invisible Man movie had almost nothing to do with the original but I think it worked well. I'm not saying this should make the DC mistake of copying the style of one successful movie. I'm only saying they should fee free to update the story but keep it within the spirit of the original.
          WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
            Verbose Member
            • Mar 7, 2004

People tend to forget The Bride, with Sting and Jennifer Beals, don't they? That was a Bride film with no previous Frankenstein movie as well. Of course, it didn't really succeed all that well, but who knows?

Chris
            sigpic

Comment

• TrekStar
              Trek or Treat
              • Jan 20, 2011

In the original BOF the Bride was only in it for a few minutes towards the end just hissing away at poor old Franky, if there going to do a remake, I would think the Bride’s screen time would be longer.

What I would really like to see is a remake of the Creature from the Black Lagoon, it’s never been done, unless you count Revenge and Walks Among Us, but those were sequels.

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎