X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Falstaff13
    Persistent Member
    • May 28, 2008

The Lost Superman Film

The post about Sgt. Rock got me thinking about the aborted Tim Burton Superman Lives film. I have seen the documentary on it, and there is plenty to discuss about it, but what I was remembering was that there was buzz about the film featuring other DC characters. I guess the idea was that, like the Death of Superman comics, there would be appearances of other heroes coming together, either to protect Metropolis in Supes' absence or to pay respects. There were rumors of both Michael Keaton and George Clooney being brought in for Batman (Clooney actually got asked about it when on the press tour for Batman & Robin; Keaton I think was just brought up since it would reunite him with Burton). But I actually remember Shaq in an interview about Steel saying he'd already filmed a cameo for it. So was that just a lie he told to help sell his chance of appearing in the film, or did he get told to talk about it so it gave the future film more buzz, or did Shaq get told some of his footage from the film would be used in the film, and it was never used or maybe even intended to be used?
    Hugh H. Davis

Wanted: Legends of the West (Empire & Excel) and other western historically-based figures. Send me an offer.
    Also interested in figures based on literary characters.
  • monitor_ep
    Talkative Member
    • May 11, 2013

Steel was supposed to have fit into the Nic Cage Superman movie but when that fell through they had to rewrite it. Without the tie to Superman they cut back on the budget leaving Shaq to use a real custom instead of a CGI version.
    Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

Working...
    😀
    🥰
    🤢
    😎
    😡