X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • EMCE Hammer
    Moderation Engineer
    • Aug 14, 2003

Refunds have been issued for 2020

I procrastinated on this just because the task bums me out, but it's done. Refunds have been issued for anyone who registered for Mego Meet 2020. I know some of you talked about donation of your fees, and if you still wish to do that feel free to hit the donate button. I needed to clear the books for a fresh start, and I honestly didn't feel warm and fuzzy about just keeping people's money.

The hotel started to come back to life last week. They made contact and we're working on next year and a new contract with Covid legal speak written in - FUN! I think it will loosely translate to "Covid again? Tough ****, you're paying anyway."

Fingers crossed for next year.

Steve
  • palitoy
    live. laugh. lisa needs braces
    • Jun 16, 2001

If anybody would like to donate to our bandwidth fund, here is the link:

The Mego Museum has existed on the internet for over 20 years, bringing you the latest news, supplying you with exhaustive galleries, and giving you forums to discuss your collecting passion. Running the website and forums has gotten more expensive over time, however, and monthly expenses are running about $200/month now, with various extra expenses…Read more →

MegoMeet and the Customs Auctions are the major part of the funding that keep this ship afloat. Every penny donated goes to the bandwidth costs.
    Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
    http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Random Axe
      The Voice of Reason
      • Apr 16, 2008

Steve, I already e-mailed before I saw this. I'll re-issue the admission back to you, use that for whatever purposes the museum needs. I'm sure most here will follow suit. The tables purchase I could use back, but admission is yours. I'll submit here in a bit.

Also, I haven't seen info on the auction but I probably missed it. I do have a figure to donate, I guess we just need to know how this is being coordinated so we get maximum participation.
      I almost had a psychic girlfriend but she dumped me before we met.

If anyone here believes in psychokinesis, please raise my hand.

Comment

• noelani72
        27inaleon
        • Jun 25, 2002

yeppers. I got my email today but haven't seen the dough yet. When it shows up, I'll be hooking ya up.

Comment

• Bronxboykev
          Permanent Member
          • Mar 7, 2011

Yep all sad reminders past 3 weeks 2 weeks ago Cancelled the car, last week called the Hotel to make sure the reservation was taken care of and now this week the refund combined with all the memories showing up in my news feed the past couple of weeks ain’t gonna lie this hurts

Comment

• WannabeMego
            Made in the USA
            • May 2, 2003

Done.

Even though Berto & I were not scheduled to attend this year, I made a donation as if we did.

Please keep us posted if you need funds for any other Museum Expenses.

Stay Well...Stay Safe...and Happy Father's Day to All Museum Papa's
            Everyone is Entitled to MY Opinion...Your's, not so much!

Comment

• hedrap
              Permanent Member
              • Feb 10, 2009

We're the rooms auto canceled or do I still need to call?

Comment

• palitoy
                live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by hedrap
                We're the rooms auto canceled or do I still need to call?
                I would call, just to be on the safe side? Took me five minutes.
                Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• hedrap
                  Permanent Member
                  • Feb 10, 2009

Yeah they are. I forget I have a Marriot account just for this reason

Comment

• megoapesnut
                    The name says it all!
                    • Dec 3, 2007

just want to confirm that this is the correct email for donations

davidleeralph@yahoo.com

Comment

• rche
                      channeling Bob Wills
                      • Mar 26, 2008

The automatic monthly payment is fantastic! I had no idea that was there.

Originally posted by palitoy
                      If anybody would like to donate to our bandwidth fund, here is the link:

The Mego Museum has existed on the internet for over 20 years, bringing you the latest news, supplying you with exhaustive galleries, and giving you forums to discuss your collecting passion. Running the website and forums has gotten more expensive over time, however, and monthly expenses are running about $200/month now, with various extra expenses…Read more →

MegoMeet and the Customs Auctions are the major part of the funding that keep this ship afloat. Every penny donated goes to the bandwidth costs.

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎