X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

Pod Stallions 80: British Annuals

It's just Jason and Brian this time around and our topic this week was inspired by some posts in our Facebook group.

British Annuals are hardback books that go back to the 1940s and over the decades they have made a staggering amount of different licenses and properties.

We start by talking about Doctor Who (a lot of people's introduction to the annual) but discuss Holmes and Yo-Yo, V, The Avengers, Adam Adamant, Kenny Everett, The Beano, Thunderbirds, Look-In, Abba, Space:1999, UFO, Kung Fu, Star Trek, Tomorrow People, Gold Key Comics, Brian's childhood fears about England and finish off just talking about Buck Rogers for no good reason.

As a side bonus, we will be sharing our collection of UK annuals in our facebook group, join us!

PODSTALLIONS ON ITUNES
    PODSTALLIONS RSS FEED

For more Fashion Mockery and 70's toy love visit us at Plaid Stallions.com

More...
  • Bruce Banner
    HULK SMASH!
    • Apr 3, 2010

I've owned so many of those UK annuals over the years. I've now sold most of them, keeping only a select few including Star Wars, Galactica, Buck Rogers, POTA, The Black Hole, etc.
    PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• Palifan
      Museum Patron
      • Jan 18, 2016

This sounds like a good one for me as I always used to have the UK Annuals bought for me at Christmas time during the late 70's/80's. Mainly 2000AD, The Beano, Buster, Cor, Whizzer & Chips and things like that. I'll be interesting to hear what's up for discussion and I'm sure you'll touch on the odd Dr Who one that will probably jog my memory about having (as I was a massive Tom Baker fan at the time). I still have a box of them and even my Marvel adoption of Blade Runner that I remember a basket being filled to the brim with in my local supermarket with them all marked down to around 25 pence

Ian

Comment

• toyhunter1970
        Veteran Member
        • Feb 24, 2020

very intresting topic thank you

Comment

• TrekStar
          Trek or Treat
          • Jan 20, 2011

You just gotta love anything that advertises Holmes and Yoyo.

Comment

• The Nawd
            Nawd your head for yes.
            • Feb 15, 2011

Even one my favorite American TV shows of all time had some annuals made. Knight Rider. Sadly I don't own a single one of them. I'll have to fix that one day.

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎