Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MOTU Origins Skeletor I has him. Comparison pics.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

Something I just noticed. They reversed the power swords.

Vintage He-Man, Origins Skeletor, vintage Skeletor.

Look at the guards on the handles. Origins Skeletor has the guard on the same side as vintage He-Man. Odd change.

And no the Origins sword will not fit together with the vintage one.
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• enyawd72
      Maker of Monsters!
      • Oct 1, 2009

Love the new sword design!

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
        Verbose Member
        • Mar 7, 2004

The design of the Power Sword instantly brought me back to the HG Toys gift set!

Chris
        sigpic

Comment

• Werewolf
          Inhuman
          • Jul 14, 2003

The prototypes of the power sword halves lacked the side guards of the vintage swords. So, I kind of wonder if reversing the swords was a consciousness decision or just an error and we will see a running change eventually.
          You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Werewolf
            Inhuman
            • Jul 14, 2003

There is an amazing level of compatibility between Origins and the vintage line.

So if you prefer the look of the vintage armor and weapons you can swap them out. The Origins team really went the extra mile.

[edit]Ha! I just noticed I had just swapped the left and right boots around.
            Last edited by Werewolf; Jun 15, '20, 9:49 AM. Reason: typos

Comment

• powersthatbe
              Persistent Member
              • Sep 27, 2010

the street date for these at Walmart is August 1st.

Comment

• Apositive
                Career Member
                • Apr 3, 2011

They're hitting shelves early and it looks like scalpers are getting grabby. Walmart is mishandling this release, no one at my local store knows what is going on....associates cannot even verify products over the phone.

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎