X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • monitor_ep
    Talkative Member
    • May 11, 2013

Throwback Thursday: Malibu Films Firearm

I bought this vhs/comic book combo at Hastings when it first came out and was surprised that Malibu started up in the movies. This is the only movie that is continued in a comic book and once you read it you can understand why. So go back in time and watch Malibu first attempt at an Ultraverse movie:

The first film based on Malibu Comics Ultraverse characters: Firearm
    Dive headlong into the dark, foreboding world of Firearm--a world where danger has many faces and even the shadows have names. The comic book world leaps to the screen in the heart-pounding live action film by director Darren Doane.

Meet Alex Swan (James Courtney), ex -British Secret Service agent who left his life as a spy behind him to pursue a career as a private investigator, only to find that the easy way out isn't always so easy. Without warning, the illustrious P.I. is forced to play a dangerous game...a game without rules where the stakes run high...a game he can't afford to lose. Stalked by a demonically possessed UTRA-asssassin known as Duet (Joe Hulser), Swan becomes a human target struggling for survival. The death toll rises as reality's surface is stripped away to reveal the madness which lies beneath, and the only thing that stands between Alex Swan and ultimate destruction is the power of his Firearm.

To read the comic book go to my wiki:
    MARVEL COMICS IN THE MEDIA MALIBU COMICS IN THE MEDIA The 0 issue included a 35-minute Firearm movie, on VHS. The series was about Alec Swan, a private investigator who, against his own wishes, becomes embroiled in cases involving the strange and the ultra-human.
    Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log
  • Blue Meanie
    Banned
    • Jun 23, 2001

I've had this on my watchlist a few times and everytime it either goes for $$ or I just don't have the money at the time to buy it. Love the Malibu/Ultraverse comics. It's a shame Marvel has never used the characters after it's Godwheel storyline. I know there is some sort of legal problem involved in them using the characters. Also, wasn't one of the writers of one of the books in trouble for sexual misconduct or something like that??

It really is a shame because there are some good characters they could use...and Ultraforce could bring George out of retirement if it was an option for Marvel

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
      Verbose Member
      • Mar 7, 2004

^Yes, Gerard Jones was one of the primary writers. In particular, the title Prime is very problematic, given that the protagonist is a young boy, and what Jones was convicted of.

Chris
      sigpic

Comment

• monitor_ep
        Talkative Member
        • May 11, 2013

Since Marvel Movies are about to explore the multiverse I would really like them to bring back the Malibu Ultraverse.
        Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡