Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which htf film was your grail to watch/see?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hedrap
    Permanent Member
    • Feb 10, 2009

^You win the kewpie doll for that one, Axe.

The only things I can find are an unproduced episode of Twilight Zone called "Gentlemen, Be Seated", which is a dystopian Orwell society that has outlawed humor and has a clown as a character. I don't think it's ever been adapted.

The other....is a Mork & Mindy two-parter: Mork In Wonderland. Mork plays a court jester in an alt-reality where laughing is outlawed.

Comment

• J.B.
      Guild Navigator
      • Jun 23, 2010

Originally posted by cjefferys
      I remember back in my tape trading days in the 90's....
      Until this thread, I'd never heard of Tape Traders. My friends and I had no idea this even existed. Was it not prevalent in the West Coast?
      You are transparent; I see many things... I see plans within plans.

Comment

• cjefferys
        Duke of Gloat
        • Apr 23, 2006

Originally posted by J.B.
        Until this thread, I'd never heard of Tape Traders. My friends and I had no idea this even existed. Was it not prevalent in the West Coast?
        Oh man, tape trading has been around for years, for things like bootleg concerts, cult movies, etc. and done all over the world. In the old days, people would connect through mailing lists, etc. and once the internet came along people would use tape trading newsgroups on Usenet. I got tons of great obscure stuff on VHS back in the 90's that way.

Comment

• Godzilla
          Permanent Member
          • Nov 3, 2002

There are plenty of "lost" films I'd love to see. This mashup hits all the low budget, B movie craziness that I love. There's been a rumor that guy in Florida has a copy, but he's not sharing.

hill.jpg
          Mortui Vivos Docent
          The Dead Teach the Living

Comment

• Mongoose1983
            Career Member
            • May 14, 2010

Films that WERE my HTF grail to watch or own...

Took me DECADES to find and watch copies of a couple of classic Italian movies with Renato Cestič, Bianchi Cavalli d'Agosto (White Horses of Summer) from 1975, and L'albero Dalle Foglie Rosa (The Tree with Pink Leaves) from 1974. I still haven't been able to find original releases, not even in Italy. But I've had the chance to locate copies from old VHS PAL tapes from sellers in the UK.

These movies are similar to Last Snows of Spring (L'ultima Neve di Primavera) from 1973, with the same Renato Cestič and the MAGNIFICENT music by the incredible maestro Franco Micalizzi. A few years ago I had the chance to find a fantastic 2 CD-set with the soundtrack and extras from all three films. This was released in Italy under the DIGITMOVIES label, and the package comes with expanded notes and stories. If you think the movies are not excellent, well, the music will sure leave you speechless.

Other movies that took me long to locate are Dan Curtis' The Portrait of Dorian Gray and Dracula. They were released in the States and the package is absolutely fantastic, including the theatrical releases and nice extras.

Other one that was very complicated to locate was The Nurse (L'infermiera), with Ursula Andress, an Italian movie from 1975. In the early 80's I was forbidden to watch it with the adults, soon as the nudity started. Thing is the idea stuck with me somehow in the back of my mind. And almost 20 years ago I had the chance to buy the original US release so I could finally watch it complete and uncut. Glad I did.

Another film that was particularly hard to find in original fashion was Al Pacino's 1977 Bobby Deerfield. Until a few years it was very complicated to find, and even nowadays I don't believe the movie gets the attention it deserves. A dedicated special release should be made IMHO. I do have two DVD versions, the Australian and the American.

Finally, the one movie I would like to locate nowadays is Loaded Guns (Colpo in Canna), another Italian 1975 Ursula Andress film. It's been complicated to locate the original DVD at a decent price, I see two copies on eBay.it today but selling for over 40 Euros.

Those are some of my HTF movies.
            www.tamiyaclub.com/member.asp?id=23692

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎