Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which htf film was your grail to watch/see?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CrimsonGhost
    Often invisible
    • Jul 18, 2002

Originally posted by J.B.
    The original Post was flawed from the start. It was about "Which htf film was your grail to watch/see?" I had a hell of a time finding my pick back in the day. And Marion doesn't get to decide what's obscure and what isn't.
    What can I say, I played by the rules!!

...you know, as if there were actual rules or that any of this matters anyway.
    Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• J.B.
      Guild Navigator
      • Jun 23, 2010

Originally posted by CrimsonGhost
      What can I say, I played by the rules!!
      I think most of us did, but let's see what Ebert Marion has to say.
      You are transparent; I see many things... I see plans within plans.

Comment

• thunderbolt
        Hi Ernie!!!
        • Feb 15, 2004

You must not get tired of being wrong.
        Lol I thought he’d gone away
        You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Mikey
          Verbose Member
          • Aug 9, 2001

Originally posted by palitoy
          The Day the Clown Cried. I'm still waiting.
          I remember hearing once there's a stipulation in Lewis's will that states the film cannot be released until a set date … Gary has no control … It's all up to Lewis's Yoko widow

Comment

• megoapesnut
            The name says it all!
            • Dec 3, 2007

California Dreaming 1979. Part of me is ashamed to admit this but I love this flick dagumitt! I watch it every year at the end of summer. I guess cause I LIVE for summer and the beach/lake. The end of the movie is a bit sad and it pretty much mirrors how I feel at the end of summer. I watch this movie, Lifeguard and another movie that I will NOT admit to (it's another beach flick) every year at the end of summer.

Comment

• Mr.Marion
              Permanent Member
              • Sep 15, 2014

The original Post was flawed from the start. It was about "Which htf film was your grail to watch/see?" I had a hell of a time finding my pick back in the day. And Marion doesn't get to decide what's obscure and what isn't.

I'm sure tape traders pre-1995 would agree Harold and Maude wasn't that hard to locate. If that offended you I would suggest you are upset sbout something else. In which case send me a pm and we will try to iron it out.

Harold and Maude is currently streaming for free on Tubi. I'm not using that for my argument but if someone wanted to watch it now, its there.

Comment

• J.B.
                Guild Navigator
                • Jun 23, 2010

Originally posted by Mr.Marion

I'm sure tape traders pre-1995 would agree Harold and Maude wasn't that hard to locate. If that offended you I would suggest you are upset sbout something else. In which case send me a pm and we will try to iron it out.

Harold and Maude is currently streaming for free on Tubi. I'm not using that for my argument but if someone wanted to watch it now, its there.
                I'm not offended, I'm just confused about your post. Unless I'm wrong, isn't HTF Hard to Find? When I think HTF, Mr. Rock comes up. Even if you're willing to overpay for him, he's still hard to find. Most of the movies mentioned, including the Millionairess, are available on ebay. I personally had a difficult time finding H & M to rent when I first heard about it. Ended up having to drive out to Santa Monica to get it. So did you mean HTF in the past or now? Why did you edit your post yesterday?

Comment

• Mikey
                  Verbose Member
                  • Aug 9, 2001

It's threads like this that are tearing us apart !!!

Comment

• cjefferys
                    Duke of Gloat
                    • Apr 23, 2006

These days I have no idea. I remember back in my tape trading days in the 90's, there were tons of holy grail films that were near impossible to find. But in the last 20 years or so we've seen official releases of films that I never thought I'd see, like Goodbye Uncle Tom. At this point, I've pretty well seen most obscure films that I wanted to, either through tape trading or later DVD/Blu-ray releases that finally happened.

Comment

• J.B.
                      Guild Navigator
                      • Jun 23, 2010

Originally posted by Mikey
                      It's threads like this that are tearing us apart !!!
                      You and your Godzilla vs the Wolfman! This is all your fault!

Comment

• Confessional
                        Maker & Whatnot
                        • Aug 8, 2012

^^ Hah!, I tried to stir the pot adding one of the greatest films of all time, but I think my logic was totally sound!

Comment

• YoungOnce
                          Career Member
                          • Aug 29, 2007

I think I’ve pretty much seen what I wanted to see, but I discover new things all the time (a lot of those come from here listening to you guys)

I would love to be able to see the spider pit sequence from King Kong and the trophy room footage from The Most Dangerous Game.

I would kind of like to see the 70’s “Food of the Gods” Just because I never have and I remember the poster art so vividly. It has always stuck with me. I’ve seen footage and it looks absolutely terrible, but I just need to get it over with and move on. DVD prices are above what it’s worth to me, so, it’s kind of in a no-man’s-land for me. I keep hoping it will pop up on Tubi.

Comment

• TrekStar
                            Trek or Treat
                            • Jan 20, 2011

Yes the lost footage of the spider pit sequence from King Kong would have been cool, although if you look closely you see some spider webbing as the fallen sailors hit the ground.

I also learned that in the original Godzilla (1954) there is lost footage of Godzilla on Otto island, there was a scene with the young man and his girlfriend, walking along the water as the natives are fishing and they see Godzilla’s tail moving behind a hill.

Apparently that lead to the first appearance of Godzilla looking over the hill at the people walking up.

Another (supposed) lost scene is when the professor (the guy that wanted to study Godzilla not kill him) catches a glimpse of Godzilla’s back and scales and tells the other person “I’ve seen it” that line is in the movie,
                            but what he saw was cut out.

I guess they wanted the first scene of the big G to be looking over the hill and roaring at the people,
                            makes sense I guess.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                              Master of Fowl Play
                              • Jun 5, 2008

Who Killed Teddy Bear (1965 Sal Mineo!)--still haven't seen it, was not released on region 1 as far as I know.
                              WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Random Axe
                                The Voice of Reason
                                • Apr 16, 2008

Originally posted by palitoy
                                The Day the Clown Cried. I'm still waiting.

When I read that title I thought it was the answer to a decades old question I've had. Sadly it isn't.

I remember seeing a dystopian, depressing movie from the 79-81 range. I may have only seen the last bit of it, my memory is fuzzy. All I remember was in society laughter was no longer allowed and a clown/mime was killed by firing squad to end the movie. What the hell am I remembering or did something like this exist?
                                I almost had a psychic girlfriend but she dumped me before we met.

If anyone here believes in psychokinesis, please raise my hand.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎