X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Random Axe
    The Voice of Reason
    • Apr 16, 2008

Wendy's Breakfast Baconator

This is the Mecca, the holy land, the standard by which all future breakfast sandwiches will be measured. This think is huge and packed with all kinds of greasy goodness. They have quietly entered the breakfast industry and are killing everyone with quality. Everything on their breakfast menu is fantastic. I'm lukewarm to their regular lunch/dinner menu. This, however, is the gold standard. A huge sausage patty(not like Mcdonalds 1 ply thickness), three strips of bacon, egg, American cheese and a little swiss cheese sauce on top. I looked in the bottom of my bag this morning and found a coupon for half off my next angioplasty.

They are seriously crushing the competition with their offering, they just need more exposure. Covid-19 has destroyed a lot of advertising except for new cleaning policies. Once this nightmare is over they can go full television blast and hit the competition broadside and do some major damage.
    I almost had a psychic girlfriend but she dumped me before we met.

If anyone here believes in psychokinesis, please raise my hand.
  • PNGwynne
    Master of Fowl Play
    • Jun 5, 2008

I recently had a sausage croissant, it was good. You are correct about Wendy's sausage, it's the size of their burger and delicious.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
      Often invisible
      • Jul 18, 2002

Haven’t tried the food yet, but I did work on this:

Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• thunderbolt
        Hi Ernie!!!
        • Feb 15, 2004

still annoyed with the change in fries there and what kind of breakfast place doesn't start till 630 and no lobby till 9 (if they ever open back up)
        You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Random Axe
          The Voice of Reason
          • Apr 16, 2008

Originally posted by thunderbolt
          still annoyed with the change in fries there and what kind of breakfast place doesn't start till 630 and no lobby till 9 (if they ever open back up)
          I can assure you the food tastes as good in your car as it does sitting inside. Breakfast wasn't in their culture till March so they'll work it out. Until then just lay back and enjoy the cholesterol.

Comment

• cjefferys
            Duke of Gloat
            • Apr 23, 2006

I'm almost afraid to ask, how many calories are in this thing?

Comment

• Mikey
              Verbose Member
              • Aug 9, 2001

IMO pork roll, over-easy-egg, cheese and ketchup on a sesame kaiser is the end all be all of breakfast sammiches

Comment

• Random Axe
                The Voice of Reason
                • Apr 16, 2008

Originally posted by cjefferys
                I'm almost afraid to ask, how many calories are in this thing?
                Its honestly no more than a typical burger at around 730 calories, so it's not too terrible. Based on a 2400 calorie a day diet you can have three and leave room for a fruit cup.

Comment

• MRP
                  Persistent Member
                  • Jul 19, 2016

I had it and found it to be just meh. Comparable to other fast food breakfast sandwiches, but not really better. Breakfast food is my favorite, but fast food breakfast at its best is just a stopgap when real breakfast is not available.

-M
                  "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Comment

• thunderbolt
                    Hi Ernie!!!
                    • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by Random Axe
                    I can assure you the food tastes as good in your car as it does sitting inside. Breakfast wasn't in their culture till March so they'll work it out. Until then just lay back and enjoy the cholesterol.
                    nahh not in FLA it doesn't BK and McDs opened back up here so not sure what Wendy's is waiting on. Service is horrible at the DT so I'll pass.
                    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• powersthatbe
                      Persistent Member
                      • Sep 27, 2010

I think I had it a few weeks ago and I didn’t like the sauce. And I don’t get today,s fascination with bacon. I like it but why go bananas over it?

Comment

• PNGwynne
                        Master of Fowl Play
                        • Jun 5, 2008

^The sauce was the one element that didn't appeal to me in the croissant.
                        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                          Hi Ernie!!!
                          • Feb 15, 2004

Bacon is the new crack, its being pushed by the Kanamit Corporation

Comment

• PNGwynne
                            Master of Fowl Play
                            • Jun 5, 2008

Which is a subsiduary of conglomerate Soylent.

Comment

• J.B.
                              Guild Navigator
                              • Jun 23, 2010

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                              Which is a subsiduary of conglomerate Soylent.
                              "Mmmm.....Soylent Green is Bacon."

You are transparent; I see many things... I see plans within plans.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎