X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • monitor_ep
    Talkative Member
    • May 11, 2013

Throwback Thursday: Midnight Sons promo reel

In 1992 Marvel Comics released a promotion video that explained there newest comic book supernatural family series the Midnight Sons, that would involve Blade the Vampire Hunter, Ghost Riders (Johnny Blaze, Danny Ketch & Michael Badilino a.k.a. Vengeance) Dr. Strange, Morbius The Living Vampire, Darkhold Page from the Book of Sins & Nightstalkers. This video was set to Comic Book stores to promote sales with there Midnight Sons Comic Books.

At the end of the promo video is the 1995 Toy Biz Ghost Rider Action Figure commercial that included cartoon versions based on the Midnight Sons comics book Ghost Riders (Johnny Blaze, Danny Ketch & Michael Badilino a.k.a. Vengeance) Skinner & Zarthos. The cartoon Ghost Rider is based on the cartoon version of Danny Ketch a.k.a. Ghost Rider who guest starred on the UPN Marvel Action Universe Fantastic Four & The Incredible Hulk.
    I was one of the lucky ones back in 1992 that was gifted this VHS through my Comic Book store to make copies for those who purchased the Midnight Sons series. Now many years later we could very well be getting a live action version of these series. Still cannot get over that during the 90's in the Marvel Action Hour we were able to have Ghost Rider on TV along with Blade, Morbius. The action figure commercial is one of the best out there because it offers the only version of the Ghost Rider series with Skinner & Zarthos.
    Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log
  • MRP
    Persistent Member
    • Jul 19, 2016

I never owned this tape, but my lcs owner at the time did let me borrow it to take home and watch.

A bit of relevant trivia, it contains an appearance by Chris Cooper when he worked for Marvel (long before he was birdwatching in Central Park)

-M
    "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Comment

• Falstaff13
      Persistent Member
      • May 28, 2008

I vaguely recall the imprint as I wasn't really into those books at this time (although these are some characters I've always liked), but I vividly remember that toy commercial because it was the first (very brief) animation I'd seen of that version of the character.
      Hugh H. Davis

Wanted: Legends of the West (Empire & Excel) and other western historically-based figures. Send me an offer.
      Also interested in figures based on literary characters.

Comment

Working...
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍
      👎