Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Peace wants love... wants free... will help.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bronxboykev
    Permanent Member
    • Mar 7, 2011

Fantastically Executed!

Comment

• noelani72
      27inaleon
      • Jun 25, 2002

ohh wow, this turned out amazing.
      You've been working on this thing what, two years?? I've forgotten how to even use that software I made that gun in lol

Comment

• SeattleEd
        SynthoRes Transmigrator
        • Oct 24, 2007

Thank you, Chad. That gun is just amazing, thanks to you.
        Actually, the project started about 5 years ago with having DrCyclops do a commission sculpt. Took a while but he made two versions both of which I have. One is slightly larger in case I wanted to go for a cartoony look. I had in mind a more GI Joe look in mind. The outfit took a while to get right. I tried to make it myself with various materials. It started with stretch cotton but it didn't pop the way I had in mind. When I saw Leitner working with stretch vinyls and he had a red one, I ordered one. That one got ruined because I decided to glue resin pauldrons and pockets on it which was too heavy for the material. So I ordered another suite and ended up cutting up the first one and modifying the new one. I was please with the results. Not sure if I will make the beast, which supposedly help influence the idea for the Tauntauns in ESB. And I've read that Necron99 was the influence for Boba Fett in the Star Wars Holiday animated segment.

Originally posted by noelani72
        ohh wow, this turned out amazing.
        You've been working on this thing what, two years?? I've forgotten how to even use that software I made that gun in lol

Comment

• dr_cyclops
          One eyed, wonder
          • Dec 17, 2009

Originally posted by SeattleEd
          Took a while but he made two versions both of which I have. One is slightly larger in case I wanted to go for a cartoony look. I had in mind a more GI Joe look in mind..
          "Took a while"?! "Took a while"?! First, you never said you wanted the proportions to be normal human. You said; I want a Necron99 head. I looked up so much reference, and went by the source material. Second, only after completion, did you tell me the head was too big and you wanted something more human proportion. It took no more than 4 months for both heads. How long did it take you to complete this custom again? Over five years you say? Now that's what I call "a while"! Oh kettle, thou art black, exclaimed the pot.

Comment

• SeattleEd
            SynthoRes Transmigrator
            • Oct 24, 2007

LOL. You are right Dino. My fault for not being specific. And what I meant about "Took a while" was because of MY mis-communication. Not on your end. You got the skills to the pay the bills, baby. Much love, bro.

Comment

• apes3978
              Permanent Member
              • Nov 19, 2005

Very neat figure.

Comment

• dr_cyclops
                One eyed, wonder
                • Dec 17, 2009

Originally posted by SeattleEd
                LOL. You are right Dino. My fault for not being specific. And what I meant about "Took a while" was because of MY mis-communication. Not on your end. You got the skills to the pay the bills, baby. Much love, bro.
                As an artist, I enjoy to make something out of nothing.
                Last edited by dr_cyclops; Jun 8, '20, 9:37 PM.

Comment

• dr_cyclops
                  One eyed, wonder
                  • Dec 17, 2009

It's like the coolest thing ever. You know, Like that damn Reptile you done did and stuff. '

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎