Thread: Discovered! The Spider-Man Exploding Tower Playset Artwork by Neal Adams

Megomuseum News Discovered! The Spider-Man Exploding Tower Playset Artwork by Neal Adams

Proposed for the 1977 Toy Buying Season, the Mego Comic Action Heroes Spider-Man exploding tower playset was the one that got away, as a lack of overal buyer interest would have Mego scrap the concept and it would never see production. It even made our recent video of Cancelled Mego Superhero items:    …

More...

Very cool drawings. Thanks for sharing!

Images
    I saw the shortened "Discovered! The Spider-Man Exploding..." on the Forums page and immediately concluded someone had found the prototype in the catalog picture. I guess I should've slowed down to read "...Tower Playset Artwork by Neal Adams."

This is an incredible addition to the Museum. I love the Goblin pushing the plunger. I regretted this not being made because of the loss of a cool toy. Now I regret missing out on some cool packaging, as well.

AND thanks, Rich.
    Last edited by Wee67; Jun 1, '20 at 9:57 PM.
    WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.

Spectacular!

I'm sure someone with decent 3D printing skills could print that building and a Goblin, add the plunger from the Exploding Bridge set and the Spidercar and you're pretty much set.
    "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Images
    Absolutely spectacular. A truly amazing find!
    http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_T7BhcH-_Lqw/Rph52zHLjQI/AAAAAAAAAWY/IRQJUp3saOs/s200/Hulk.jpg

Looking for one CAH Mego Comic Activator (working or non working).

Images
    Wow, what a find! Especially since Neal Adams never really got a crack at Spider-Man in the comics!

Thanks to Rich Cirillo for sharing, and for the Museum staff for sharing with us!!!

Chris
    http://megomuseum.com/community/signaturepics/sigpic22_1.gif

Blog Entries
    I wonder if Adams would have done the whole thing or passed it off to another artist in the stable? I've been told the Mangler box is actually Ross Andru.

Images
    ^It's really hard to determine who did what for Continuity at times, because Adams is usually involved at some point. Anything is possible!

Chris
    http://megomuseum.com/community/signaturepics/sigpic22_1.gif