X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by Werewolf
    BTW: Am I the only one that thinks Star Princess looks a lot like Mattel's Guardian Goddesses Sun Spell?
    You know, I'm probably the only one that even remembers those. They were test marketed 12 inch fantasy super hero dolls released in very small amounts in 1979. Sorta proto She-Ra in a way.
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• PNGwynne
      Master of Fowl Play
      • Jun 5, 2008

Oh Lord, that Aquaman.... The seller is the same person who does neat Pocket Hero customs.

lol I was thinking the same of the beach bag, Chris. What is Rob's "Shazam! rant"?
      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
        Muddling through
        • Oct 4, 2008

that Spock model is sooo cool. the price, not so much

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
          Verbose Member
          • Mar 7, 2004

lol I was thinking the same of the beach bag, Chris. What is Rob's "Shazam! rant"?
          When licensors would showcase the other four Super Friends, but sub Captain Marvel (SHAZAM) in for Aquaman. It did happen quite often, since both TV shows were in their heyday at relatively the same time.

Omitting Aquaman without replacing him, like the beach bag, also rankles his feathers. It's all in fun though. It's not ugly, angry nerd rage at all.

Chris
          sigpic

Comment

• PNGwynne
            Master of Fowl Play
            • Jun 5, 2008

Thanks, I was curious--I couldn't picture Rob ranting. I have a great fondness for both characters, but Aquaman is my favorite hero. Captain Marvel was merchandised so heavily, even into the 90s, which is a bit surprising. So I sympathize with his disappointment.
            WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• tay666
              Career Member
              • Dec 27, 2008

I knew about the Spock kit, but I've never actually seen the Aurora box before.
              It's pretty cool, but not as classic as the kit I bought when I was a kit.

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎