X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Makernaut
    Persistent Member
    • Jul 22, 2015

Henry Cavill In Talks to Return as Superman in Upcoming DC Movie

Henry Cavill isn’t hanging up his Superman cape just yet. Sources confirm to Variety the “Man of Steel” actor is in talks to return as Clark Kent in an upcoming DC Comics movie.
    https://variety.com/2020/film/news/h...eo-1234618227/

I'd be happy to see him as Superman again. I have truly enjoyed the direction DC took with the "Wonder Woman", "Aquaman", and "Shazam!". I think those movies were fun to watch and a great break from the bleakness we had seen from DC movies for so long. Put Cavill in a movie that respects the character and knows the audience like any of the three DC movies I listed and he will shine as Supes.
  • Makernaut
    Persistent Member
    • Jul 22, 2015

Deadline is hinting that it probably won't be in a stand-alone movie, though. More likely in a cameo role in an upcoming film.

Warner Bros. is not developing a Man of Steel sequel, and Wonder Woman 1984, Suicide Squad are in the can, and Superman isn’t expected to make a cameo in Matt Reeves’ The Batman. Other projects where Cavill could make a cameo are Shazam 2, Dwayne Johnson’s Black Adam or Aquaman 2, which are the next productions to be prepped once COVID-19 safety restrictions lift.
    https://deadline.com/2020/05/man-of-...os-1202945025/

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
      Verbose Member
      • Mar 7, 2004

I would like to see Cavill get a crack at playing a less dour Superman, but I think he deserves more than a cameo. A team-up film would be cool, and it's something Marvel hasn't QUITE done, if you don't count Spider-man: Homecoming as a Spidey/Iron Man team-up.

The push and acceptance, and actual production of the Snyder cut, and the success of Joker worries me that the suits at WB may rethink the "lightening" of the DCEU that started with WW, Aquaman and Shazam. I hope not, but I don't give those guys much credit for realizing the films can all have different flavors, even if they are connected.

Chris
      sigpic

Comment

• The Bat
        Batman Fanatic
        • Jul 14, 2002

Saw this as well...GREAT News! Henry is an AWESOME Superman and has totally earned the part!
        sigpic

Comment

• Hector
          el Hombre de Acero
          • May 19, 2003

Great news!
          sigpic

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
            Muddling through
            • Oct 4, 2008

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
            I would like to see Cavill get a crack at playing a less dour Superman, but I think he deserves more than a cameo. A team-up film would be cool, and it's something Marvel hasn't QUITE done, if you don't count Spider-man: Homecoming as a Spidey/Iron Man team-up.
            Chris
            there was Thor Ragnarok though, which had Thor and Hulk team up(eventually)

I agree though, a team up movie would be cool. one where they don't start out as enemies and become friends at the end though. a true team up movie like the old Brave and the Bold stuff

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
              Verbose Member
              • Mar 7, 2004

^Duh, how did I forget that?

Chris
              sigpic

Comment

• phil
                Persistent Member
                • May 11, 2007

I'd be happy to see him return.

Comment

• Random Axe
                  The Voice of Reason
                  • Apr 16, 2008

I could see using Cavill in a fairly prominent role in the reintroduction of Green Lantern. Maybe he can cleanse the still bitter aftertaste of the previous disaster and bring viewers and legitimacy.
                  I almost had a psychic girlfriend but she dumped me before we met.

If anyone here believes in psychokinesis, please raise my hand.

Comment

• Bruce Banner
                    HULK SMASH!
                    • Apr 3, 2010

Excellent. I like Cavill in the role. Looking forward to his return.
                    PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• TrekStar
                      Trek or Treat
                      • Jan 20, 2011

Definitely would be nice to see him return.

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎