Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lordhumongous
    • May 16, 2020

Need help to find where to track down clothing, and accessories

I'm New to the forum and my grammar skills are pretty poor so I'd like to apologize for that first off. I'm mainly a collector of the Neca Retro cloth line, and have been making my own customs off of the bodies. I find the mego bodies to look a little too doll like and stand inconsistent so I've been buying retro cloth bodies and outfitting them with the mego reproduction clothing. So far I've made The Zodiac Killer, and Phantom Killer. I've got the parts for Cropsey from the 1980 slasher "The Burning" and Im going to get started on him. The problem comes with outfitting my next custom, The Prowler from the 1981 slasher of the same name. I'm using the shirt from a Jason Lives retro cloth but can't find any pants or helmet that would fit the character. I know that Action Jackson has parts that would work but they rarely pop up, and when they do they're just always so expensive. Is there any other lines of toys that use similar clothing or accessories that would work in this scale? I don't hav much knowledge in mego figures and I'm specifically looking for dark green military pants, (might have to try to dye beige ones I have), A WW2 style American helmet, and possibly a double barrel shotgun that I can saw off myself. This brings me to my final question. How do accessories for 6 inch or 12 inch figures look with this scale? It s way easier to find specifically gun accessories in those scales as their the more dominant ones. I know that Neca reuses the accessories from their 7 inch figures for the retro cloth lines, but I'm curious about the other sizes. Thank you in advanced.
  • thunderbolt
    Hi Ernie!!!
    • Feb 15, 2004

have you looked to classictvtoys website? They have a lot of clothing for Mego figures. On the Prowler, a helmet from the Captain America Diamond Select EMCE figure set would work, as would a Action Jackson figure of a few years ago Army Ranger.
    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• lordhumongous
      • May 16, 2020

I have used CTVT multiple times for other characters, but they don't have what I currently need. I'd love if they could start reproducing Action Jackson stuff, but I don't see it happening. The Captain America is a great suggestion, I'll look into that thanks.

Comment

• lordhumongous
        • May 16, 2020

Captain America set is too expensive to buy for one piece. Need to keep looking.

Comment

• Megotastrophe
          Permanent Member
          • Jun 29, 2018

There was the FTC stooges army line from 2003 that included recasts of the AJ helmet. Most 12 inch scale weapons look ridiculously big in Mego hands. Some 6 inch scale pieces look okay. Hunter Dun had some hunting weapons but idk if he had a double barrel shotgun. Possibly.

Comment

• ddgaff1132
            Persistent Member
            • Oct 3, 2007

Hello, Don't know what you're specifically looking for but here are some venues I sometimes look into for clothing. Some Bratz clothing items work on Mego males as does some Barbie. Breyer's dolls also have clothing items that work on Mego's.
            Check out my picture library of Mego-ish compatible vehicles with ID data.
            MEGO MOTORS

Comment

• TrekStar
              Trek or Treat
              • Jan 20, 2011

Not sure if your interested in the Bratz cars, but they fit megos like they were made for them.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                Master of Fowl Play
                • Jun 5, 2008

^The Bratz safari jeep is fantastic.
                WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎