X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Confessional
    Maker & Whatnot
    • Aug 8, 2012

Better Places to Buy than eBay?

I really haven't bought (but kept reading!) comics in years, so I'm outta touch. Over the past couple weeks I've been filling in gaps/missed issues of some of the books I loved in the 90's… Tank Girl, Hellraiser, Verotik, wacky indie stuff, etc. I've been surprised at the current prices I'm finding being much higher then I would have thought… thinking about the unpopularity of what I was into vs the popularity of the superheroes and new publishers that filled the shelves.

Are there better sources to find these types of back issues?
  • monitor_ep
    Talkative Member
    • May 11, 2013

I was going to say Ioffer but there down for some reason..you can try:

ebids

Mercari
    Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• Confessional
      Maker & Whatnot
      • Aug 8, 2012

^^ Thanks, I was hoping for recommendations for (great) comic stores that might sell on online? Maybe that doesn't exist anymore?

Comment

• MegoSteve
        Superman's Pal
        • Jun 17, 2005

Comiccollectorlive.com was pretty good a few years ago... it's a virtual marketplace with multiple sellers that compete against each other. I haven't bought there in a long time, though.

Comment

• MRP
          Persistent Member
          • Jul 19, 2016

Have you looked at Lonestar (i.e. mycomicshop.com)? They have a huge online catalog, run their own online auction, and have decent prices for the most part. Shipping is affordable. You do have to be aware that stuff people consign there can have inconsistent pricing as the person consigning sets the price not the site. I have used them on several occasions, only had 1 mishap on an item sent and they credited me within 5 minutes of me calling their customer service line when it happened (they sent me Conan Annual 4 instead of Giant Size Conan 4-they credited me and told me to keep the annual).

They run dollar sales each week, there is a weekly code to access a sitewide sale on certain categories of books that that range from 5-10% off those categories (the categories change each week). Their minimum prices (for common reader grade books) have risen a bit over the years (it used to be 80 cents when I started, but now sits about $1.80-$2) but that's been over 8 years of using the site, but that is what it is. Makes it a bit more expensive to fill in runs, but is not out of line with general price increases elsewhere.

-M
          "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Comment

• Confessional
            Maker & Whatnot
            • Aug 8, 2012

Thanks again for the feedback!

Comment

• jwyblejr
              galactic yo-yo
              • Apr 6, 2006

Try Etsy. I haven't looked into what all they offer but whenever I look for G.I.Joe stuff,the comics pop up too.

Comment

• Confessional
                Maker & Whatnot
                • Aug 8, 2012

^^ Ah, I didn't even think to look there… thanks!

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎