X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • enyawd72
    Maker of Monsters!
    • Oct 1, 2009

Update on Hasbro Hyperreal 8" Bespin Luke

My initial excitement for these has disappeared.
    New images of Luke confirm my worst fears...there are no soft goods on these.

Luke's entire outfit is sculpted and made of that same squishy rubber material as Vader.
    To make matters worse, I'm already hearing reports of Vaders cracking and splitting.

Too bad. I guess the wait for 8" Star Wars continues...

• thunderbolt
    Hi Ernie!!!
    • Feb 15, 2004

figured as much on the rubber and the cracking.
    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• sprytel
      Talkative Member
      • Jun 26, 2009

Well sure, but is $80 ridiculous to pay for a couple nice heads, a few hands, and some accessories you can use to make your own Mego-style custom? Answer: yes, yes it is.

That is seriously disappointing.

Comment

• thunderbolt
        Hi Ernie!!!
        • Feb 15, 2004

i kinda question the nice heads part. one in the box looks like Mick Jagger.
        You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Spyweb007
          Persistent Member
          • Apr 18, 2006

I am intrigued by the possibilities of a rubber seamless body, but Star Wars is the wrong license to use it on. almost every single character in Star Wars has long pants, long sleeve shirts, they are completely covered. you could make Mego Style Star Wars figures and achieve the same results at much lower costs I would think.

Comment

• palitoy
            live. laugh. lisa needs braces
            • Jun 16, 2001

Hard pass. I'll be honest, I sold my Vader because I worried it would rot.
            Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
            http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• thunderbolt
              Hi Ernie!!!
              • Feb 15, 2004

so they are basically overpriced bendies that will rot quickly.

Comment

• Chris
                Persistent Member
                • Dec 23, 2009

Oh, well. I pre-ordered this thinking it was SW Mego. Hopefully, I can convert it into a SW Mego figure.
                Get me in the ball park. That's all I ask.
                If a Mego figure of God did not exist, it would be necessary for EMCE to invent him.

Comment

• Brown Bear
                  Still Old School
                  • Feb 14, 2008

I got a Darth. No issues yet, knock on wood. Hope they make Boba.
                  Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• Timothy2251
                    Jerks beef with Ten Bears
                    • Mar 15, 2008

Love my Vader, but I'm very much on the fence for Luke. Not happy the outfit isn't soft goods, though the accessories and heads might very well be usable for upgrading my custom ROTJ Luke.

If/when they make Stormtroopers or Boba Fett in this scale I'll most likely pull the trigger and get 'em.
                    "It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues. There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see, and so there is iron in your words of life. No signed paper can hold the iron. It must come from men. The words of Ten Bears carries the same iron of life and death. It is good that warriors such as we meet in the struggle of life... or death. It shall be life."

Comment

• rykerw1701
                      Persistent Member
                      • Aug 27, 2007

So far my Darth Vader looks ok. I had pre-ordered the Luke but cancelled it a while back. Looking at the images above, I'm glad I did. I had assumed he would have a cloth uniform, but that rubber deal makes him a slightly bigger version of a Black Series figure at 4X the price. Disappointing.

Comment

• Chris
                        Persistent Member
                        • Dec 23, 2009

Originally posted by Timothy2251
                        Love my Vader, but I'm very much on the fence for Luke. Not happy the outfit isn't soft goods, though the accessories and heads might very well be usable for upgrading my custom ROTJ Luke.
                        ROTJ Luke is a great suggestion!!! Much easier than a Bespin version. Thank you.
                        If a Mego figure of God did not exist, it would be necessary for EMCE to invent him.

Comment

Working...
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎