X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Brue
    User without title
    • Sep 29, 2005

Birds of Prey Movie

We rented this last night through Amazon.

I had very low expectations. DCU been hit or Miss (with Suicide Squad being a Miss), the main villain a New 52 character and there are no A list DC characters.

Most of it was pretty good. Is it a cinematic classic or box office smash? No. But it is entertaining and well cast (with possible exception of Huntress).

Lots of action, decent storyline and full of comic book fun.

Maybe mood helped this seem better than it was, because I watched it with my wife and daughters and we had fun together.

I give this thumbs up.

On the economics side - this is our second "in cinema" rental.
    At $5.99 for 4 people to watch in HD on a large TV at home it is an excellent value. Even if I had gone on a Tuesday $5 deal day, I would have been out $14 plus expenses more. We started it when we wanted to -and we could have paused it at anytime, though we didn't. I still want to see the big releases on the big screen, but home rental is where we were headed as a society as streaming is fluid and easy, and home screens get larger and clearer with great sound. With stay at home orders, I think this has pushed the idea over the hump.
  • Nostalgiabuff
    Muddling through
    • Oct 4, 2008

yeah we talked about this movie here

http://megomuseum.com/community/show...-of-Prey-movie

had some funny moments but not worth a repeat viewing to me

Comment

• Brue
      User without title
      • Sep 29, 2005

Originally posted by Nostalgiabuff
      yeah we talked about this movie here

http://megomuseum.com/community/show...-of-Prey-movie

had some funny moments but not worth a repeat viewing to me

Hmmmmm. Before I posted, I looked for a thread in this forum and even searched birds of prey in the forum. not sure how i missed it.

Comment

Working...
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍
      👎