Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Removable Cowl Batman Parts

Images

Removable Cowl Batman Parts

I bought a RC Batman from ebay and just got it today. Great looking figure. Everything appears to be original but I wanted to do a few fact checks if anyone has the time.

How do we tell a repo batman cape from the retro? I know that Dr. Mego's parts are always tagged or imprinted.

The RC itself. I always thought it was a hard plastic. Is the original RC made kind of soft?

Were there Type1 and Type 2 bodies for that run? Is the back marked with a Year?
    Heart of Glass was my secret identity.

Images
    Here is a handy quick-start guide for you that will help ID parts specific to the RC Batman.

http://www.megomuseum.com/galleries/...e-cowl-batman/

Repro cape compared to original.....
    .....the color is a deeper than the average loose Batman cape
    (that passage is about reproduction capes and
    from this page)
    http://www.megomuseum.com/galleries/batman/#accessory

The removable cowl isn't a hard plastic, but it's also not as soft as a Doc Mego repro. Not sure how it compares to anything FTC made.

T1 body only for an RC Batman.
    Last edited by Makernaut; May 22, '20 at 3:06 PM.

Images
    Thank you very much Makernaut. The cape is so tough to judge on. The cowl I feel better about because I'm near positive Dr. Mego marks his with the initials DM inside it somewhere and this one does not have that. Everything else checks out as 100% positive.

Another question. did Type 1 bodies come with Metal and Plastic joints or just Metal?

Images
    Blog Entries
    A vintage cowl is somewhat flexible, vinyl.

A DM cowl is softer, rubbery. I don't recall about the indicia.

A FTC cowl is firm, plastic.

A vintage cape will usually have a litle pleat at the front neck to help it fit better. FTC capes never have this.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; POTA Fortress signal-flasher--top mirrored portion or mirror sticker; POTA Forbidden Zone prison doors, walls, bar; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Images
    ^ That nails the cape down for me. Definitely a pleat at the front so now I know that is vintage. The better descriptions of the cowl has me questioning that. It is not firm plastic so it is not FTC. This cowl is pretty rubbery. I may have to buy another cowl just to compare. Not a bad price to pay for an all original RC Batman. Better safe than sorry later. Any which way though, I do dearly love this mego and that is all that counts.

Quote Originally Posted by HeartofGlass View Post

Another question. did Type 1 bodies come with Metal and Plastic joints or just Metal?
    From the research I’ve been doing, type 1 bodies only came with metal joints.

Images
    Blog Entries
    Type 1 used only metal

Actually there are samples of the first 4 WGSH in solid box as being on Type 0 bodies.

Here are a couple of links of the discussion. Worth the read:

http://megomuseum.com/community/arch...p/t-34138.html

http://megomuseum.com/community/arch...p/t-56387.html

And if you aren't aware what Type 0 bodies are, they are the Action Jackson bodies with soft pelvis and not metal rivet joints.

Images
    I was not aware. I've not heard of Type 0 bodies before. Thank you

DM almost always has his stuff marked. As I recall, the Batman RC capes are about the hardest accessory to determine if they are authentic or not. Most other retros are easy to tell once examined. I did once order a red RC from DM and it came as a harder more brittle plastic. However, it should be noted that was a special circumstance and he may have cast it in a different plastic than usual. In any case, the originals are flexible but not exactly rubbery either.
    Looking for:

--Lion Rock "Mr Rock's" shoes/ boots (these may also be the same as the lion rock monster line boots)

--Mystery Astronaught