Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hector
    el Hombre de Acero
    • May 19, 2003

Yeah, Eisenberg’s voice over was not the smartest thing to feature on that short teaser,..but...

DARKSEID!!!!!!!!

Oh hell yeah!!!!!

sigpic

Comment

• Hector
      el Hombre de Acero
      • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by Nostalgiabuff
      interesting. so we will at least see a painting of Darkseid. was that him at the end or Steppenwolf?
      That was Darkseid, my man...

sigpic

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
        Muddling through
        • Oct 4, 2008

now I am looking forward to seeing this. wouldn't it be ironic if everyone loves his cut after all the backlash there was against him

Comment

• jwyblejr
          galactic yo-yo
          • Apr 6, 2006

There will still be backlash with which Robin he killed off. And it ain't Jason Todd.

Comment

• Hector
            el Hombre de Acero
            • May 19, 2003

I don’t hear too much backlash on Robin’s death, he’s sort of the forgotten one. I myself prefer Batman without a Robin.
            sigpic

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
              Verbose Member
              • Mar 7, 2004

Don't underestimate the fanbase Dick Grayson's Robin/Nightwing has. It's huge. DC's former head Dan DiDio let his own personal bias against the character nearly destroy a big DC IP, until Geoff Johns stepped into save him during Infinite Crisis. He later got a bit of what he wanted by sidelining Nightwing's identity and saddling Dick with a lame secret agent gig for a few years.

If Snyder did indeed intend to have the dead Robin be Dick, that's even worse than what he did to Jimmy Olsen in a lot of ways. Jason is built to be the Robin to die, and he can always come back as they also-very popular Red Hood. Throwing an even more popular character like Nightwing aside is ill-advised in my opinion. But maybe he had plans to merge the Nightwing/Red Hood concepts? I don't care for that idea, but if they did have a plan... well, at least that's SOMETHING.

Chris
              sigpic

Comment

• thunderbolt
                Hi Ernie!!!
                • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by Hector
                I don’t hear too much backlash on Robin’s death, he’s sort of the forgotten one. I myself prefer Batman without a Robin.
                I don’t. Batman’s not as interesting without the contrast. Even Damian Wayne is good in that role since he’s even darker than Bruce.
                You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• palitoy
                  live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                  • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                  I don’t. Batman’s not as interesting without the contrast. Even Damian Wayne is good in that role since he’s even darker than Bruce.
                  It seems cartoons and tv series exploit that conflict better than the movies. I'd like to see a Robin in a movie.
                  Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                  http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• hedrap
                    Permanent Member
                    • Feb 10, 2009

It's supposedly Grayson. Snyder's theory is Batman wouldn't have a multitude of Robin's. Grayson was an experiment with a protege and he got killed. That's what drove him into whatever he was in BvS. His idea of Batman is almost ninja-like, yet he's driving around blowing up warehouses.

At one point the push was for DCCU Grayson to be the lead on the TNT version of Titans. That got swept aside along with the CW.

Comment

• cjefferys
                      Duke of Gloat
                      • Apr 23, 2006

We don't have HBOMax in Canada (yet?), I wonder if it will end up on HBO Canada or Crave? I never bothered to see the original so I'll likely check this one out.

Comment

• palitoy
                        • Jun 16, 2001

It will likely end up on Crave, I'm already enjoying Doom Patrol Season 2

Comment

• cjefferys
                          Duke of Gloat
                          • Apr 23, 2006

That's what I'm hoping for. And oh yeah, I'm really liking the new season of Doom Patrol as well (although I forgot how last season ended, so the beginning of Season 2 was a bit confusing for me until I got my bearings).
                          Good stuff though!

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                            Muddling through
                            • Oct 4, 2008

there is now a rumor that there is a 170 minute cut of Batman Forever out there that is darker and less campy than what was released

Comment

• thunderbolt
                              Hi Ernie!!!
                              • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by Nostalgiabuff
                              there is now a rumor that there is a 170 minute cut of Batman Forever out there that is darker and less campy than what was released
                              i find that a little far fetched
                              You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• palitoy
                                • Jun 16, 2001

There was some stuff cut out of forever, the best example I can think of the Statue of Liberty scene, two face's copter gives her a scarred face just like his.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎