Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Snyder Cut is happening.

Justice League: The Snyder Cut

Now with 50% more depression!

I've seen Justice League once, at the theater. I was disappointed, but not so much it ruined my life. I walked away and mostly forgot the entire thing. But I am looking forward to seeing this, if not because it'll be such a great movie but to see the different way the subject matter is interpreted, more of a study than pure move going experience.

This whole thing reminds me of the Donner version of Superman II we all wanted for years. I prefer Donner's original take, but it's really more of an unfinished draft of his film than what he actually would have completed in 1980. I hope the $20 million+ I've read that is associated with the Snyder Cut and the fact it's not being done 30 years after the fact will give us a fully realized film. Even if it sucks.

Images
    Oh I'll watch it, and yes we all need more darker and more depressing DC characters.

I was at the deli buying some baloney and the deli guy asked me how I would like it cut. I told him to go with the Snyder cut.

Turned out, while the cut was different, it was still just the same baloney.
    Expectation is the death of discovery.

Images
    Blog Entries
    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Images
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonGhost View Post
    I was at the deli buying some baloney and the deli guy asked me how I would like it cut. I told him to go with the Snyder cut.

Turned out, while the cut was different, it was still just the same baloney.
    To me the big thing it was missing was a deep connection between two people due to having mothers with the same first name.

Wait, is this cut similar to the alternate cut for Cats?

Because if it is, then I DO want to see that!
    Expectation is the death of discovery.

Images
    I imagine it will be more cohesive overall than the theatrical cut and maintain the same tonal qualities throughout, at least. Very interested in checking this out.
    http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_T7BhcH-_Lqw/Rph52zHLjQI/AAAAAAAAAWY/IRQJUp3saOs/s200/Hulk.jpg

Looking for one CAH Mego Comic Activator (working or non working).

New Info on Zack Snyder’s ‘Justice League’ (2021)

• No additional photography/reshoots
    • $30M going toward Visual Effects, Score, & ADR
    • Will finish Snyder’s Story as a COMPLETE Trilogy
    • Tom Holkenberg to score the entire film
    • BVS Design for Steppenwolf teased by Snyder
    Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by monitor_ep View Post
    New Info on Zack Snyder’s ‘Justice League’ (2021)

• No additional photography/reshoots
    • $30M going toward Visual Effects, Score, & ADR
    • Will finish Snyder’s Story as a COMPLETE Trilogy
    • Tom Holkenberg to score the entire film
    • BVS Design for Steppenwolf teased by Snyder
    Not gonna lie: I liked most of MOS, but did have issues with it. BVS was a shoulder shrug to me, trying too hard to do everything all the "cool" people have wanted to see in superheroes since the 80s -- conflict among the heroes, violence, messed-up underlying motivations, emotions, and objectives (all the "adult" stuff Moore and Miller brought in that they did well but was never meant to be comics in whole and was generally poorly imitated) -- while still trying somehow to sell action figures.

JL I thought had potential -- by that time I'd come to peace with the idea that I wasn't getting my Justice League (the JLA) but something based on it. And again, like MOS, I had issues with JL but although I liked it less than MOS, I thought it was OK (if they'd just had Superman show up for the last big fight wearing his red trunks, I'd have added a whole star more to my rating ).

I'm gonna give Snyder points for making sure to tie off his story with this cut rather than just present the movie as he intended it -- the kickoff to a trilogy that there's no way he'll get the $$$ to do. Don't know if I'll like it more or less, but it'll be at least interesting to see what he intended overall vs what Whedon made it into.

So I'm pretty sure I'll end up checking it out. Even if it won't be the JLA movie I have in my head -- which will, unfortunately, probably never be made.