X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Blue Meanie
    Banned
    • Jun 23, 2001

Originally posted by Mr.Marion
    There ain't no good guy there ain't no bad guys there's only you and me and we just disagree. ��

As an essential worker I wouldn't be working if I was concerned. But still what makes me more special that I couldn't get sick but other people could? People on unemployment are making $900 a week, essential workers are making whatever their wage is, and small businesses are closed. It's madness.

We all love vintage toys and pop culture and I hate poisoning the well with borderline political debate but I also feel the way I do and I'm stubborn and Irish so it is what it is.
    I'm not making $900 a week and I am on unemployment right now. I was only at my job for about 2 months before I got sick and was quarantined. I was unemployed for the year before. So unemployment takes whatever you make in that year from when you stopped working and before and divides it by 26 weeks. That's how unemployment has always worked. Also, that extra money, $600, that people are making will be gone at the end of July. It will not be renewed. So basically the people that are collecting that are getting the extra money won't be getting it come August 1st. So there is that. BTW, I was an essential worker that worked for a company that made crowd control items...but I got Covid from the very job I HAD to go to work for. Nobody will be compensating me for what I may get in the future from having had Covid. I may have blood clots right now in my lungs or close to my heart and not know. All that said...I will STILL go out with a mask, when I go out, and I am not returning to my job because I don't feel safe going back to it. I know from talking to friends that are still at the place that they have not improved on anything in the facility to PROTECT their workers. Right down to the punch in clock that uses finger print analysis which is how I got covid...the punch in clock was never cleaned like they were telling us to clean our areas before we started work and after we finished work. Again, it is a contact disease. Once you can understand that then you can see why there are shutdowns/lockdowns here in the US.

In 2 weeks we will see how states are doing when it comes to new cases and death. All the states that re-opened early...it will be as bad as it was here in NY. It's why we took the longest to even THINK about getting back to some sort of normal. We have a Governor here that actually gives a crap about the people he serves. 90 straight days of press conferences to keep people up to date with what is happening. THAT is a leader...not like the schmuck that is in the Whitehouse. Sorry to get political...but that's what discussions like this breakdown into. I will leave this discussion with a quote from a Star Trek movie that everyone has seen...I never thought I would use this but it makes sense:

The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few or the one. That's why everything is shutdown or sheltered in place. It's not rocket science.

Comment

Working...
    😀
    🥰
    🤢
    😎
    😡
    👍
    👎