Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ToyTalk
    Career Member
    • Mar 25, 2020

I watched the CW version yesterday. Never even thought about watching it on the DCU, which of course is where I will now watch it. It was good IMO. I really enjoyed it
    Looking for FTC figures from 5-10 years ago

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
      Muddling through
      • Oct 4, 2008

i watched it. the opening scene with the JSA fighting was cool. but the rest, I was bored to tears. I know it was only the first episode but I don't think this one is for me. I'll give it another episode or 2

Comment

• Falstaff13
        Persistent Member
        • May 28, 2008

I was dealing with a family death and thought my DVR had gotten Stargirl (off CW), but it didn't. I've now realized it's because my DVR is now calling it DC's Stargirl, instead of just Stargirl, which it had when I went to first set it (in fact, my series manager still lists it as an option). So since I haven't purchased DCU, is there a way to see what I've missed?
        Last edited by Falstaff13; May 28, '20, 6:20 PM. Reason: new info
        Hugh H. Davis

Wanted: Legends of the West (Empire & Excel) and other western historically-based figures. Send me an offer.
        Also interested in figures based on literary characters.

Comment

• MRP
          Persistent Member
          • Jul 19, 2016

Originally posted by Falstaff13
          I was dealing with a family death and thought my DVR had gotten Stargirl (off CW), but it didn't. I've now realized it's because my DVR is now calling it DC's Stargirl, instead of just Stargirl, which it had when I went to first set it (in fact, my series manager still lists it as an option). So since I haven't purchased DCU, is there a way to see what I've missed?
          It should be streaming on the CW site as well.

-M
          "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Comment

• ODBJBG
            Permanent Member
            • May 15, 2009

Originally posted by MRP

-M
            Anyone know if the CW streaming version is the full version?

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
              Muddling through
              • Oct 4, 2008

from what I understand the CW on basic cable is a shorter version. I caught the first episode ondemand there

Comment

• Falstaff13
                Persistent Member
                • May 28, 2008

Originally posted by MRP

-M
                Thanks. I'll check this weekend.
                Hugh H. Davis

Wanted: Legends of the West (Empire & Excel) and other western historically-based figures. Send me an offer.

Comment

• sprytel
                  Talkative Member
                  • Jun 26, 2009

I like the youth and excitement of the series... a lot of the "gee whiz" factor that made the early Flash so much fun. Hopefully they can sustain it.

Also... is there any hero in the Arrow-verse that doesn't have a dead parent in their origin story? Insurance rates for the parents of future superheroes and Disney princesses must be through the roof...

Comment

• Godzilla
                    Permanent Member
                    • Nov 3, 2002

Just finished episode 2. It may not revolutionize TV, but it's fun and I enjoy it. Love Luke Wilson in it.
                    Mortui Vivos Docent
                    The Dead Teach the Living

Comment

• monitor_ep
                      Talkative Member
                      • May 11, 2013

I really like the fact that they are including the JSA and the next generation of JSA or Infinity Inc. into the lineup. The second episode include so many characters if you know there secret I.D., lots of Injustice League members and there kids attend Blue Valley High along with most of the Infinity Inc kids.
                      Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
                        Moderation Engineer
                        • Aug 14, 2003

I have to admit I was a little concerned about how teeny the show would get. There's certainly some of that, but episode three had a lot of grit too.

Comment

• Jorge Galvan
                          Career Member
                          • Jun 8, 2015

I wonder IF...

we find out about Brainwave's wife and hank's mom is who I think it is!?!???

No SPECTRE??

is there a Metropolis and Gotham on this Earth and if so????

Every bloody hero and villain lives in BLUE VALLEY????

Terry Sloan? Ma Hunkle?

Comment

• Falstaff13
                            Persistent Member
                            • May 28, 2008

I just caught up with the first three episodes, and I like it. It's got a tone I like (though I was a fan of the Stars & STRIPE book when it first came out, so I was predisposed to like this). Given some of what Geoff Johns did with the character, the feel for this show so far, and the fact the first episode was even set with some Christmas scenes, this put me in the mind of the recent Shazam film (which I also really liked). I doubt it leads to any kind of crossover, even though I've already seen some fans online asking for it, but I did feel they are compatible.
                            Hugh H. Davis

Comment

• thunderbolt
                              Hi Ernie!!!
                              • Feb 15, 2004

the convenience of everyone living in Blue Valley kinda bugs me. Unless maybe its revealed to be a Truman Show kind of twist down the road.
                              You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Falstaff13
                                Persistent Member
                                • May 28, 2008

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                                the convenience of everyone living in Blue Valley kinda bugs me. Unless maybe its revealed to be a Truman Show kind of twist down the road.
                                I honestly thought it was just one of "those things," the same way a giant city can continually have the same small core group continually be in the right place, right time, even if they are each moving independently, but I grant it's calling for some suspension of disbelief.
                                Hugh H. Davis

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎