Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Stargirl on DC Universe

Watching the debut on CW with my wife and am noticing they have trimmed a lot of scenes out form the version that aired on the DCU-lots of scenes developing character and establishing relationships between Courtney and other characters. The DCU version ran 53+ minutes without commercials, so I am guessing they cut stuff to make room for commercials to fit in the hour block on broadcast TV-from what I can see we lost a scene of Courtney talking with Pat in the car on the way to school, the scene of the two cheerleaders trying to recruit Courtney which made the lunchroom scene lose context, and the scene of Courtney in detention, missing the bus and having to walk home and seeing the town.

Not sure what else will be missing for the rest of the hour.

-M

Thanks for the heads up on what was cut.

I am hoping that we will get to see more flashbacks with the original JSA and I cannot wait to see the new JSA/Infinity Inc. build up.
    Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Images
    I'm definitely going to stick to the DCU versions then. Plus, no commercials. Thanks for the heads up.

Chris
    http://megomuseum.com/community/signaturepics/sigpic22_1.gif

Images
    Blog Entries
    Is it on the cw streaming app too?

Images
    Thumbs up at our house. As hard as Batwoman has been to sit through, this was a joy.
    Fresh, not from concentrate.

Images
    I watched the CW version yesterday. Never even thought about watching it on the DCU, which of course is where I will now watch it. It was good IMO. I really enjoyed it
    Was ToyTalk in a past life.

Images
    i watched it. the opening scene with the JSA fighting was cool. but the rest, I was bored to tears. I know it was only the first episode but I don't think this one is for me. I'll give it another episode or 2

Images
    I was dealing with a family death and thought my DVR had gotten Stargirl (off CW), but it didn't. I've now realized it's because my DVR is now calling it DC's Stargirl, instead of just Stargirl, which it had when I went to first set it (in fact, my series manager still lists it as an option). So since I haven't purchased DCU, is there a way to see what I've missed?
    Last edited by Falstaff13; May 28, '20 at 6:20 PM. Reason: new info
    Hugh H. Davis

Wanted: Legends of the West (Empire & Excel) and other western historically-based figures. Send me an offer.
    Also interested in figures based on literary characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Falstaff13 View Post
    I was dealing with a family death and thought my DVR had gotten Stargirl (off CW), but it didn't. I've now realized it's because my DVR is now calling it DC's Stargirl, instead of just Stargirl, which it had when I went to first set it (in fact, my series manager still lists it as an option). So since I haven't purchased DCU, is there a way to see what I've missed?
    It should be streaming on the CW site as well.

-M

Quote Originally Posted by MRP View Post
    It should be streaming on the CW site as well.

-M
    Anyone know if the CW streaming version is the full version?