X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ToyTalk
    Career Member
    • Mar 25, 2020

Watching shows inspired by Megos

Yep, I've got it reversed but for a good reason. After loosing so many years of my life to getting my health back and selling my entire collection, there are a lot of megos/retro and TV shows I missed out on.

I found myself purchasing Penny Dreadful retros last week because I thought they were cool looking. This led me to reading up on the series online and on here as ya'll were discussing the newest season. So I bought the toys first and that has now inspired me to start watching the series today. It's Sunday and I have absolutely nothing planned so I am going to power-watch Penny Dreadful Season 1.

See, so I got it right, shows inspired by Megos.

Please feel free to share your thoughts about Season 1. Don't worry about spoilers because I won't read anything on this thread until I have watched all of Season 1.

From the Mego side, I got Vanessa Ives and Ethan Chandler from Bif Bang Pow. Did they make any others?
    Looking for FTC figures from 5-10 years ago
  • Mr.Marion
    Permanent Member
    • Sep 15, 2014

I started watching Charlie's Angels because I had the dolls. I watched Black hole, Buck Rogers , and Star Trek TMP because of mego figures. The Buck Rogers TV movie is my favorite of the 3, but none are bad imo.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
      Muddling through
      • Oct 4, 2008

those were the only 2 Mego style figures made. the original PD is awesome although the final season was a bit rushed, IMO, but I still really liked it. even got my wife into it and she does not like horror at all

Comment

• PNGwynne
        Master of Fowl Play
        • Jun 5, 2008

I really liked season 2 and the series in general. Season 3 upset me but at least they achieved some closure.
        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• ToyTalk
          Career Member
          • Mar 25, 2020

I am about halfway through the first season. It's good but a bit drawn out in my opinion. That and there is a little too much going on with the storyline. There is Frankenstein and his monster, Ethan and his philandering, Vanessa with her backstory and ties to Mina, Dorian sleeping with anything with a heartbeat (might not need even that, lol) and Sir Malcom Murray with his daughter Mina and constant trips to Africa. I'm hoping as the season progresses the writers tighten this web a little.

Comment

• ToyTalk
            Career Member
            • Mar 25, 2020

So I finished Season 1. I've seen better but it kept my interest. Starting into Season 2. Not sure yet but it has grabbed my attention faster than Season 1 did.

Comment

• ToyTalk
              Career Member
              • Mar 25, 2020

Originally posted by Mr.Marion
              I started watching Charlie's Angels because I had the dolls. I watched Black hole, Buck Rogers , and Star Trek TMP because of mego figures. The Buck Rogers TV movie is my favorite of the 3, but none are bad imo.
              I haven't seen the Buck Rogers TV Movie. I'm going to need to look that one up. I love hearing the variance though of shows that we find ourselves watching because of our love for the toys.

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎