X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • J.B.
    Guild Navigator
    • Jun 23, 2010

Anyone here like to make bread?

My Wife does every once in a while. She was in the mood yesterday. It's a "no knead" bread recipe. The dough was rolled into a ball and put in bowl. It "proofed" overnight.

After some flaked salt is sprinkled on top, the dough gets transferred onto parchment paper and put in a dutch oven. Into the stove it goes, covered at 425 for 30 minutes, then uncovered for 15 minutes.

You are transparent; I see many things... I see plans within plans.
  • PNGwynne
    Master of Fowl Play
    • Jun 5, 2008

Mmm that looks delicious.

I love to cook but dislike baking. The closest I get is turning frozen dinner rolls into calzones. But I'd try this type of bread.
    Last edited by PNGwynne; May 16, '20, 10:02 PM.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Brazoo
      Permanent Member
      • Feb 14, 2009

That looks great! I've been messing around with bread making for the last 4-ish years. I'm finally getting okay at making some things. I've tried no kneed breads a couple of times - baked in a dutch oven. I liked them, but your wife's looks nicer than mine turned out!

Does she use a starter for that bread?

Comment

• Hector
        el Hombre de Acero
        • May 19, 2003

Awesome looking bread, man! I’d make a huge awesome sandwich with that bad boy, lol. Kudos to your wife, she can sure bake bread.

As I learned how to make pizza dough, I discovered it’s very similar to bread making...just different baking methods. Pizza is quick and super high temperature.. Bread is slower, lower temperature...and it’s good to uses water underneath.

A couple of my baguettes...450 degrees, 20 minutes, uncovered...with a water container on the bottom of the baguette non-stick molding...no parchment paper needed...

Not as pretty as your wife’s...but it sure was crunchy on the outside..and nice and soft on the inside...lots of butter of course...

sigpic

Comment

• monitor_ep
          Talkative Member
          • May 11, 2013

My boyfriend & I made that flourless peanut butter bread that was floating around the net awhile back. It was simple and good.
          flourless peanut butter bread.jpg

and an old receipt that my best friend used to make for me Corndog Bread. Takes real good dipped in chili!
          corndog bread.jpg
          I used to make a loaf of this when I would do comic book conventions and had no way of taking a break for lunch.
          Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• Duncan
            Museum focus-groupie
            • Jun 27, 2009

Hector, those look amazing.

Comment

• J.B.
              Guild Navigator
              • Jun 23, 2010

Originally posted by Brazoo
              Does she use a starter for that bread?
              No starter, just yeast.

That baguette looks delicious and I would definitely be down for that Corndog Bread dipped in chili.
              You are transparent; I see many things... I see plans within plans.

Comment

• cjefferys
                Duke of Gloat
                • Apr 23, 2006

My wife has been making bread with a bread maker for years now, but they don't make a big loaf and with everybody home all day/every day, she has to make a new loaf daily at this point! The problem is, with everybody baking these days, yeast has been harder to find at the stores.

Comment

• rche
                  channeling Bob Wills
                  • Mar 26, 2008

We bake a lot, and yeast started to get scarce here over a month ago. We have a sourdough starter that lives in a little green jar in the fridge, and I found bulk SAF on the smiley face mail-order store so I bought a couple of pounds of it which is also hanging out in the fridge. If you get a bunch of yeast in advance, keep it cool, dark, and dry.

Comment

• Hector
                    el Hombre de Acero
                    • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by Duncan
                    Hector, those look amazing.
                    Thank you, Sir...
                    sigpic

Comment

• Makernaut
                      Persistent Member
                      • Jul 22, 2015

Originally posted by monitor_ep
                      My boyfriend & I made that flourless peanut butter bread that was floating around the net awhile back. It was simple and good.
                      [ATTACH=CONFIG]28112[/ATTACH]

and an old receipt that my best friend used to make for me Corndog Bread. Takes real good dipped in chili!
                      [ATTACH=CONFIG]28113[/ATTACH]
                      I used to make a loaf of this when I would do comic book conventions and had no way of taking a break for lunch.
                      That Corndog Bread is interesting, but the hook was set with "dipped in chili"!

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎