X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • EMCE Hammer
    Moderation Engineer
    • Aug 14, 2003

Originally posted by darkbros
    Brian, there are some good guys in there who do try to keep the discussions civil and on topic, or at least give the "occassional stink eye" at those who bash. ( Pray for Us )
    So, not all of us should be "condemed" for being in one place, is the point I try to make.

Even the FBI had people working from the inside to change Hoover's machinations, to make it better for ALL Americans. remember that.....

I really have tried hard to spend my limited toy time of late on the positive side, but I just can't let this pass. This is one of the biggest crocks of **** that I have ever read on this forum. Anyone who witnessed what was said on that group and remains is no "good guy" in my book. By staying there, you are condoning the behavior by default. Where's the negative reinforcement when such trash is spewed if no one leaves? You really think this is analogous to to Hoover's FBI? You're not going to fix anything over there by staying. There are plenty of decent, diverse, open-minded Mego groups from which to choose that offer more on every level than that sewer - Mego Mania, Customego, The Real We Are Mego, United Mego Collectors, The Mego Page, Painted Plastic Pioneers, Mego Knockoff HQ, Mego action Jackson - that's off the top of my head. The person who founded this place has been mercilessly bullied, and saying, "That bothers me, just not enough to leave and miss out on these great redundant conversations" makes me want to puke. Peddle it somewhere else.

Comment

• thunderbolt
      Hi Ernie!!!
      • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by EMCE Hammer
      Originally posted by darkbros
      Brian, there are some good guys in there who do try to keep the discussions civil and on topic, or at least give the "occassional stink eye" at those who bash. ( Pray for Us )
      So, not all of us should be "condemed" for being in one place, is the point I try to make.

Even the FBI had people working from the inside to change Hoover's machinations, to make it better for ALL Americans. remember that.....

I really have tried hard to spend my limited toy time of late on the positive side, but I just can't let this pass. This is one of the biggest crocks of **** that I have ever read on this forum. Anyone who witnessed what was said on that group and remains is no "good guy" in my book. By staying there, you are condoning the behavior by default. Where's the negative reinforcement when such trash is spewed if no one leaves? You really think this is analogous to to Hoover's FBI? You're not going to fix anything over there by staying. There are plenty of decent, diverse, open-minded Mego groups from which to choose that offer more on every level than that sewer - Mego Mania, Customego, The Real We Are Mego, United Mego Collectors, The Mego Page, Painted Plastic Pioneers, Mego Knockoff HQ, Mego action Jackson - that's off the top of my head. The person who founded this place has been mercilessly bullied, and saying, "That bothers me, just not enough to leave and miss out on these great redundant conversations" makes me want to puke. Peddle it somewhere else.
      I joined it two days ago without knowledge of the bs, after I was told what went on, i agree, no one should stand by and not condemn the behavior. Looked back thru the posts and could not find it so it must have been deleted. I deleted myself this AM. they come across as a bunch of jackwagons drinking the FTC koolaid.
      You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• palitoy
        live. laugh. lisa needs braces
        • Jun 16, 2001

There is absolutely no justification for the kind of abhorrent and disgusting behaviour I witnessed, it is not acceptable to harass anyone connected to this site. That is crossing the line, pure and simple. It is not defendable.

Also, I just to clarify that FTC is not fostering this in any way, I work with those guys, they are not interested in this sort of discord.
        Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
        http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• PNGwynne
          Master of Fowl Play
          • Jun 5, 2008

As irritated as I've sometimes been with Anthony, I believe that. And this forum, for example the newsletter, has striven to be all-inclusive. That's a plus to me, even when I don't like all the offerings.
          WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• kept back
            Persistent Member
            • Aug 2, 2002

If I'm being honest, I'm just looking to see how many buttons I can push before I'm removed from the group at this point. There was alot of snide comments about delays in shipping from Mego, so I asked if that Swamp Thing that FTC announced in 2018 had appeared. Abby Arcane? Surely Deathstroke...

It was followed with thisScreenshot_2020-05-19-18-39-14~2.jpg

When I asked "Oh! Is that there focus now?" My comment was deleted. I'm just puzzled that one would name themselves after something then bash it constantly.
            Of all the souls I have encountered his was the most...human.

Comment

• Werewolf
              Inhuman
              • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by palitoy
              There is absolutely no justification for the kind of abhorrent and disgusting behaviour I witnessed, it is not acceptable to harass anyone connected to this site.
              I'm sorry to hear that. I'm glad I avoid FB. It certainly brings out the worst in some people. I think the human race would be better off if it was shut down.
              You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Teemu
                Persistent Member
                • Dec 15, 2010

I'd like to know why FTC announces all this new product (characters) each week but have nothing to really show for it. When was Lynda Carter Wonder Woman announced? Like 2 years ago? Where is Superfriends Hawkman? Coming in 2030? All I see is FTC "talking" with really nothing new to buy.

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
                  Moderation Engineer
                  • Aug 14, 2003

Originally posted by Teemu
                  I'd like to know why FTC announces all this new product (characters) each week but have nothing to really show for it. When was Lynda Carter Wonder Woman announced? Like 2 years ago? Where is Superfriends Hawkman? Coming in 2030? All I see is FTC "talking" with really nothing new to buy.
                  Damned if you do; damned if you don't. Mego Corp.says a lot less, and takes it on the chin. FTC keeps the conversation going while they wait for product to clear the covacade just like a lot of toy companies. To me, repeating that a figure is still on its way is better than no news at all.

There's an update for tomorrow that I am happy to see.

Comment

• Confessional
                    Maker & Whatnot
                    • Aug 8, 2012

^^ Maybe so, but I think there's a (better/good/more effective approach in the age of fast expectation) middle ground to take instead, but of course it's weekly work to do… I'm thinking about how Randy runs/handles product development and announcements through the Neca tweeter-page.

That approach seems to be really effective and fulfilling to most fans as they go along for the ride and then get specific information about what/where/when/how. That's not to say he doesn't have to answer a zillion redundant questions, but his quickie yes/no/maybe goes a long way too. The second part of that effort is picked up by the affiliates like Toyark, with his info/images being distributed far and wide.

So the way I see it, the MM is the *best* affiliate anyone in the Mego-game could want, but you have to use it wisely.
                    Last edited by Confessional; May 21, '20, 1:00 PM.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                      Hi Ernie!!!
                      • Feb 15, 2004

FTC could really do some posting of sculpts in progress or mockups being worked on here for future figures. It might help a lot getting some more eyes on stuff before it comes from China and everyone notices Trevor's flat head in the back or Wonder Woman's crooked eyes.
                      You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Meule
                        Verbose Member
                        • Nov 14, 2004

Some things never change, eh? Except it's on FB now, glad I'm not a member
                        "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
                          Moderation Engineer
                          • Aug 14, 2003

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                          FTC could really do some posting of sculpts in progress or mockups being worked on here for future figures. It might help a lot getting some more eyes on stuff before it comes from China and everyone notices Trevor's flat head in the back or Wonder Woman's crooked eyes.
                          It's too late for this week, but I will ask for next week's news if they have anything. Remember the early pics of the bins of Batman heads and workers at the factory painting? That seems like eons ago.

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
                            Moderation Engineer
                            • Aug 14, 2003

Originally posted by Meule
                            Some things never change, eh? Except it's on FB now, glad I'm not a member
                            There isn't a broom in the universe big enough to clean up Facebook. It's like trying to contain tumbleweeds in a windstorm.

Comment

• darkbros
                              Persistent Member
                              • Jul 3, 2012

Originally posted by EMCE Hammer
                              I really have tried hard to spend my limited toy time of late on the positive side, but I just can't let this pass. This is one of the biggest crocks of **** that I have ever read on this forum. Anyone who witnessed what was said on that group and remains is no "good guy" in my book. By staying there, you are condoning the behavior by default. Where's the negative reinforcement when such trash is spewed if no one leaves? You really think this is analogous to to Hoover's FBI? You're not going to fix anything over there by staying.
                              Actually...I think we are talking about two different groups.

Scrolling and catching up over the last few posts your talking about the "We Are Mego Group". Yeah, no I got barred from that Group just becasue I know Scott Brown ( Scotty X).

I'm talking about another group that has many people I've been friends with on here, that have recently fallen out of favor with some people here, some most recently over the MegoMeet Rules controversy.
                              NOT THE WINGNUTs group.

Hope that clarifies Steve and Brian.

I do wish we could all just get along and talk toys. Its sad to see old men break into camps of "My Camp Only, your Camp Sucks".
                              Customizing 1:9: My Videoblog journey of Customizing!
                              https://www.facebook.com/customizingonenine
                              ---------------------------------------------------------------------
                              "I don't do it for the haters, I do it for the players." --snoop dogg

Comment

• palitoy
                                live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                                • Jun 16, 2001

I'm mostly sad to see old men act like teenagers with no sense of accountability or empathy. I'll continue to foster an environment that is bereft of that needless crap. Grrr toys...
                                Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                                http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎