Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • zeedox
    Career Member
    • Aug 10, 2007

Yknow I really do enjoy the toys and if they do break they are a challenge for repair.
    My biggest issue is i am not really a fan of those glove arms and they fall off. I feel like
    the figure itself is missing lower arms.
    The quality stories I would share come from way back to the Space 1999 line with big heads
    unusual texture that not at all stay on the body.

Comment

• TRDouble
      Permanent Member
      • Jul 10, 2012

Originally posted by zeedox
      Yknow I really do enjoy the toys and if they do break they are a challenge for repair.
      My biggest issue is i am not really a fan of those glove arms and they fall off. I feel like
      the figure itself is missing lower arms.
      The quality stories I would share come from way back to the Space 1999 line with big heads
      unusual texture that not at all stay on the body.
      If you mean the plug-in hero gloves, heat up the arm, pull the pegs out a little, and the gloves stay on fine. The factory pushed the pegs too far in for the gloves to fully plug into them.

Comment

• rayray
        • May 21, 2013

Ay yi yi. I ordered a Filmation Batman (a beautiful figure, BTW) and it arrived with a broken knee joint. I returned it with a letter requesting an exchange, and I promptly received...the exact same broken figure. There appears to be two faces of FTC customer service...one is terrific and responsive, one either completely oblivious or profoundly resentful. Trying to figure out how to respond...

Comment

• PNGwynne
          Master of Fowl Play
          • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by rayray
          ...There appears to be two faces of FTC customer service...one is terrific and responsive, one either completely oblivious or profoundly resentful.
          This has always been the case.
          WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• MIB41
            Eloquent Member
            • Sep 25, 2005

Originally posted by rayray
            Ay yi yi. I ordered a Filmation Batman (a beautiful figure, BTW) and it arrived with a broken knee joint. I returned it with a letter requesting an exchange, and I promptly received...the exact same broken figure. There appears to be two faces of FTC customer service...one is terrific and responsive, one either completely oblivious or profoundly resentful. Trying to figure out how to respond...
            In a situation like that, I would pick up the phone and explain your replacement figure had the same defect and if they would check the next replacement before it is shipped.

Comment

• jacoblb
              Persistent Member
              • May 7, 2009

^ Good advise. Was an RMA request established or was a box with letter sent? Usually there's shipping/receiving protocol for companies when anyone returns merchandise.

Comment

• rayray
                • May 21, 2013

Originally posted by MIB41
                In a situation like that, I would pick up the phone and explain your replacement figure had the same defect and if they would check the next replacement before it is shipped.
                I certainly shall. Also included a note in the returned box.

Comment

• DaniellePlaysWithToys
                  Youngest Mego Fan
                  • Aug 30, 2019

My second Aquaman's head came CLEAN off after I checked on my Mego shelf after almost a year. Fortunately, I was able to reconnect it, but now he suffers from bobblehead syndrome.
                  FTC apologist, Hawkman stan, and Cybatom shipper.

Comment

• TrekStar
                    Trek or Treat
                    • Jan 20, 2011

Originally posted by DaniellePlaysWithToys
                    My second Aquaman's head came CLEAN off after I checked on my Mego shelf after almost a year. Fortunately, I was able to reconnect it, but now he suffers from bobblehead syndrome.
                    if you wrap masking tape around the neck plug then insert it back into the neck hole it will stay firm, there might be better ways to do it, like those o-rings. I had a couple of loose heads and did the tape thing and it seems to work fine.

Comment

• Slawsb
                      • Oct 7, 2020

That last 70's Wonder Woman line was total trash with the undersized miscolored heads oversized costumes and extremely cheap floppy bodies.
                      They should have been a hit 8" versions of the originals.

Comment

• Mejo
                        Museum Patron
                        • Jun 30, 2022

I never bought any of these but I just had to say that this figure is nightmare inducing:

Attached Files

Comment

• danadoll
                          Micronaut Nut!
                          • Apr 11, 2005

Ain’t she puuurtie! Huyuck!

Dana
                          "Do you want a doll?" Kurt

Comment

• Confessional
                            Maker & Whatnot
                            • Aug 8, 2012

Buyers beware: white ribbed robot boots in the last order, arrived completely cracked, shattered, split.

Combo of poor long-term storage and cheap S/H. It never ends.

Comment

• SpaceAgent
                              Veteran Member
                              • Oct 21, 2009

Will the figures being sold as "loose" (Metamorpho, Halo, Lilith, Phantom Stranger, etc.) ever be sold on cards? I feel like it's been years since FTC got anything new in that's not being sold loose.

Any insight on this?

Comment

• TRDouble
                                Permanent Member
                                • Jul 10, 2012

Those figures, along with the Filmation Batman, Joker, and Riddler, were only sold loose, despite some being touted as “Early Bird” releases; we were told that Filmation would be sold loose only.

I have no insight on this, but the latest releases, including Super Friends Rima, were carded.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎