Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PNGwynne
    Master of Fowl Play
    • Jun 5, 2008

^That's an excellent suggestion for a TV version.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• tiinacat
      Museum Patron
      • Feb 4, 2015

Let’s face it FTC deserves a medal for the hero market, period.

That being said- their bodies are complete trash. I must have 3 unopened broken, and God forbid one take a dive from a 4 ft shelf onto carpet...

Pricepoint. The way they deal with retailers just keeps them out of stores, where they belong!

I don’t mind the initial price, but the variants are just too damn expensive.

I love that Mego is back. But until they get a 8” Hero line FTC is still going to get most my business going fwd now that the thrill of seeing Mego in the stores is gone.

Hell FTC had big head problems, but the Diamond line.... well it got better. And we got a couple of cool figures

Comment

• tiinacat
        Museum Patron
        • Feb 4, 2015

And another thing- So cool to have Shazam Figures, but why no Gold lightning bolt on Shazam.? But yellow.

We have the entire release in yellow

But only jr and Mary in Gold

It’s a little thing but it is a thing.

Comment

• ScottA
          Original Member
          • Jun 25, 2001

The skinny bodies are worthless. My SF Scarecrow and Sinestro can't stand worth a damn.
          sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Comment

• rayray
            • May 21, 2013

Originally posted by darkbros
            To me, the best way to make Diana Prince is the Kelly Garret from 2018 NuMego, clothes swapped with 2018 Sabrina Duncan.
            Brush hair back & make a ponytail with a mini clear rubber hair band (a pack of 200 from Five Below is like $3).
            A Pair of the HP Oval glasses FTC, and done.
            I’m following your advice, thank you! What glasses are you referring to, aNd where can they be found?

Comment

• darkbros
              Persistent Member
              • Jul 3, 2012

Originally posted by rayray
              I’m following your advice, thank you! What glasses are you referring to, aNd where can they be found?
              Customizing 1:9: My Videoblog journey of Customizing!
              https://www.facebook.com/customizingonenine
              ---------------------------------------------------------------------
              "I don't do it for the haters, I do it for the players." --snoop dogg

Comment

• DMD
                • May 17, 2020

I posted this on Facebook and it got deleted within minutes of posting. I just wanted to know if other people had any pleather problems from Classic TV Toys or FTC, but I guess it was forbidden in the FB group.

I was thinking of having a MEGO Planet of the Apes collection and bought a few without clothes off of eBay. To make it “show accurate” I bought two shirts from Classic TV Toys with the purple sleeves.
                Now the problem didn’t happen when I put the clothing on, but it occurred two days later when the weather became 77 degrees Fahrenheit and the black pleather started to deteriorate! What a cheap material! I wonder if the real MEGO ape shirts ever had this problem? I wonder if Dr. Mego’s version is better in material? Any thoughts?

Comment

• Confessional
                  Maker & Whatnot
                  • Aug 8, 2012

^^ Well known and documented issue with CTVT product. Lots of threads can be found here sharing intel and advice.

Folks have confirmed their stock in stored without proper climate control in Florida, where heat, humidity, and acidic air eat everything. Those of us that bought early haven't had the problem but the quality of the vinyl, while looking nice, is terrible.

Welcome to the MM > FBanything.

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
                    Often invisible
                    • Jul 18, 2002

Originally posted by DMD
                    I posted this on Facebook and it got deleted within minutes of posting. I just wanted to know if other people had any pleather problems from Classic TV Toys or FTC, but I guess it was forbidden in the FB group.
                    I believe your post was taken down on FB because it was posted in Mego Ambassadors. That’s Mego’s page and the costumes are from FTC or CTVT.
                    Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• palitoy
                      live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                      • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by CrimsonGhost
                      I believe your post was taken down on FB because it was posted in Mego Ambassadors. That’s Mego’s page and the costumes are from FTC or CTVT.
                      Yeah, it's right there in the Ambassadors rules, they want to keep it strictly to their product, which is pretty reasonable. There are other groups where you can discuss both.
                      Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                      http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• DMD
                        • May 17, 2020

Now I wonder if their $11.99 for two leather jackets are going to rot as well!

I might be afraid to take it out of the clear plastic in fear it would rot upon air contact!

Last edited by DMD; May 31, '20, 10:46 AM.

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
                          Often invisible
                          • Jul 18, 2002

Originally posted by DMD

I might be afraid to take it out of the clear plastic in fear it would rot upon air contact!

It’s the same type of fabric, so yes, they probably will.
                          Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• hedrap
                            Permanent Member
                            • Feb 10, 2009

I'm guessing it's similar to the Famous Covers pleather, which degrades quickly as it's not a fabric made for wear.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                              Hi Ernie!!!
                              • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by DMD

It's already been documented as happening
                              You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• jwyblejr
                                galactic yo-yo
                                • Apr 6, 2006

I had a Little John belt break on me. Since it's pretty much a recolored Robin belt, I hope others haven't had the belts snap in half.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎