Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TheVintageToyKid
    Career Member
    • Jul 23, 2019

I purchased a FTC Martian Manhunter not too long ago (sealed in factory bag). As soon as I opened him and attempted to display him on my shelf, his fake leather belt buckle/circle thing crumbled into dust. It was made of the same material as the "leather" jacket I purchased a while back for my vintage Mego Starsky figure. As soon as I placed the jacket onto the figure, it started to shred away. So disappointing.
    "I thought they didn't allow no bathin' suits in here."

Comment

• PNGwynne
      Master of Fowl Play
      • Jun 5, 2008

Storage snafus aside, the nauga of yesterday is not the pleather of today. Those vintage POTA clothes are damn near indestructable, but "modern" stuff is fragile.
      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Teemu
        Persistent Member
        • Dec 15, 2010

Originally posted by DMD
        Now I wonder if their $11.99 for two leather jackets are going to rot as well!

I might be afraid to take it out of the clear plastic in fear it would rot upon air contact!

I have had this jacket on a custom for over almost 3 years and it has not peeled or crumbled and looks just as good as the first day I got it. My guess pleather doesn't do well in humid conditions and if they are sitting in the warehouse in FLA, it could be the reason for it going bad.

Comment

• phil
          Persistent Member
          • May 11, 2007

Has anyone had problems with their POTA Cornelius style shirts?

Comment

• DMD
            • May 17, 2020

There’s nothing wrong with the leather on the Cornelius shirt. It must be a different leather material. No ape symbols on the chest though.

Just so there's no confusion, Cornelius is wearing the actual Mego shirt while the one on the right is the FTC version in orange color. Dr. Zaius is NOT wearing it, only holding it up!

Last edited by DMD; Jun 16, '20, 11:26 AM.

Comment

• DMD
              • May 17, 2020

Getting back to the leather problem, I received two brown leather jackets. The one I took out of the little bag deteriorated after 5 days! It looked and felt solid for the first few days, but then started peeling off by itself at day 4! The one that's still in the bag is not opened yet and still looks good in the packet! I'm afraid to take it out!

Last edited by DMD; Jun 16, '20, 11:27 AM.

Comment

• phil
                Persistent Member
                • May 11, 2007

Originally posted by DMD
                There’s nothing wrong with the leather on the Cornelius shirt. It must be a different leather material. No ape symbols on the chest though.

Just so there's no confusion, Cornelius is wearing the actual Mego shirt while the one on the right is the FTC version in orange color. Dr. Zaius is NOT wearing it, only holding it up!

Thank you for the information.

Comment

• rayray
                  • May 21, 2013

For me, my latest horror story relates to trying to piece together Black figures so the Hall of Justice doesn’t look like a KKK rally and make my multiracial family wonder where they belong in superhero land. I ordered Zica style heads, old and type S bodies, male and female - and the browns don’t match. No one item matches the shade of brown on any other item. The Zica African American male head came with a “flesh-tone” (Caucasian) neck attachment piece. Every character looks like some weird zombie recreation who underwent skin bleaching on the face only. The “flesh tone/white people figure pieces do not have mismatched tones. The “African American” female heads come with blue eyes (?). What’s up with all this?

Comment

• Jrfjr126rock
                    Veteran Member
                    • Feb 23, 2008

Originally posted by rayray
                    For me, my latest horror story relates to trying to piece together Black figures so the Hall of Justice doesn’t look like a KKK rally and make my multiracial family wonder where they belong in superhero land. I ordered Zica style heads, old and type S bodies, male and female - and the browns don’t match. No one item matches the shade of brown on any other item. The Zica African American male head came with a “flesh-tone” (Caucasian) neck attachment piece. Every character looks like some weird zombie recreation who underwent skin bleaching on the face only. The “flesh tone/white people figure pieces do not have mismatched tones. The “African American” female heads come with blue eyes (?). What’s up with all this?
                    I also found it weird that the AA heads for females had blue eyes. I get they can't use the uhura mold because of likeness issues probably but there was also the dinah-mite AA head they couldve used. There are now over 7 other styles of female face sculpts why can't we get a decent AA woman with natural hair as a plus? Bumblebee, Vixen and Amanda Waller are all also popular characters to get their old figure as well.

I will say I ordered from them for the first time in years and I am so much more impressed with QC. I got a harley quinn and when I used to have female figures in the past from them they would already be broken or immovable without breaking but I guess they upped their body quality? Its not perfect but is a lot better than it used to be. I also am thankful we have FTC because with all the quality issues aside we have gotten so many amazing characters!

Comment

• hedrap
                      Permanent Member
                      • Feb 10, 2009

I haven't ordered from FTC for some time. I got billed 13.00 for a First Class package.

If I did that on ebay, I'd be forced into issuing a refund. I had two more orders I was considering, but that just stopped me cold.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                        Hi Ernie!!!
                        • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by hedrap
                        I haven't ordered from FTC for some time. I got billed 13.00 for a First Class package.

If I did that on ebay, I'd be forced into issuing a refund. I had two more orders I was considering, but that just stopped me cold.
                        yeah the shipping is a big turn off. they always go the cheapest route even if you pay thru the nose.
                        You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
                          Often invisible
                          • Jul 18, 2002

I try to save up the stuff I want until I’m ready to do one big order to kind of justify the shipping.
                          Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• TRDouble
                            Permanent Member
                            • Jul 10, 2012

Originally posted by CrimsonGhost
                            I try to save up the stuff I want until I’m ready to do one big order to kind of justify the shipping.
                            Me too. I just placed an order like that and took advantage of a couple of loose in bag figures I wanted to get a free gift (peg hand female body; I can always use pegs for Type S conversions). I usually order the figures from the FTC site and wait to get $100 worth for free shipping.

Comment

• hedrap
                              Permanent Member
                              • Feb 10, 2009

My address was messed up so the order was shipped back. Nothing better than overpaying for first class.

Comment

• hedrap
                                Permanent Member
                                • Feb 10, 2009

So my order arrived back at FTC today. The reply I got was they could send it back, but it would be another shipping charge. So after screwing me on the first shipping price, they want to add more onto it.

How anybody can defend this company is beyond me.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎