X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hedrap
    Permanent Member
    • Feb 10, 2009

Raving Toy Maniac Flashback

RTM was the spot at the start of the webs until 08 or so. Interesting to compare now to then...

• Earth 2 Chris
    Verbose Member
    • Mar 7, 2004

Holy cow, now that's a flashback. I was active on that board, probably starting right around 2000 but maybe a bit before. I see some names there I haven't seen in ages.

Chris
    sigpic

Comment

• cjefferys
      Duke of Gloat
      • Apr 23, 2006

Wow, that's a blast from the past. I don't recall ever posting there (perhaps once or twice?) but I read plenty of posts.

Comment

• B-Lister
        Eccentric Weirdo
        • Mar 19, 2010

Surprised my name wasn't on there.

I'm still friends with Chip Cataldo.
        Looking for Green Arrow accessories, Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver, and Japanese Popy Megos (Battle Cossack and France, Battle of the Planets, Kamen Rider, Ultraman) and World Heroes figures

Comment

• palitoy
          live. laugh. lisa needs braces
          • Jun 16, 2001

The reason the top forum is called "Mego Buzz" is because we were hosted by RTM in the late 90s. I was the moderator, I had two choices, keep everything or delete everything. That whole anonymous BS made for some really insane posts, I used to just flush the posts every other week...
          Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
          http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Ninersphan1
            Veteran Member
            • Jul 27, 2009

Used to be my first stop when I'd log on to the internet, good times
            Last edited by Ninersphan1; May 15, '20, 7:08 AM.

Comment

• hedrap
              Permanent Member
              • Feb 10, 2009

Originally posted by palitoy
              The reason the top forum is called "Mego Buzz" is because we were hosted by RTM in the late 90s..
              My interests in customs started with Flatt's magazine profiles, then went to RTM which is where the rabbit hole opened up. I'm guessing that's where I got Doc's catalog from, unless he had ad space in Tomart's.

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
                Moderation Engineer
                • Aug 14, 2003

RTM was where I learned that I was misremembering that Mego made a Spidervan which set me on a quest for everything Megolike that Empire made. I was big into SW back then too and used to follow Gus Lopez around to soak up all his info. When I hear the sound of a modem connecting in an old TV show or movie I get flashbacks to the newsgroups days.

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎