• hedrap
    Permanent Member
    • Feb 10, 2009

Man Of Steel Redux

This is all WB needed to do...
  • PNGwynne
    Master of Fowl Play
    • Jun 5, 2008

This is going to make Hector have a stroke lol.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• knight errant00
      8 Inch Action Figure
      • Nov 15, 2005

Now, if they'd do one with Christoper Reeve . . .

Comment

• Hector
        el Hombre de Acero
        • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by PNGwynne
        This is going to make Hector have a stroke lol.
        No, because Tyler Hoelchin is now the worst Superman ever (by a quadrillion miles)...he made me appreciate Tom Welling...

sigpic

Comment

• PNGwynne
          Master of Fowl Play
          • Jun 5, 2008

That rubber suit will never be "Superman" to me, but I think Tom looks pretty good.
          WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• powersthatbe
            Persistent Member
            • Sep 27, 2010

I never liked that suit either. too dark and it looks like a wet suit better suited for aquaman. do like though they made the "s" crest look more like the golden age/earth-2 superman.

Comment

• ToyTalk
              Career Member
              • Mar 25, 2020

I've not seen Tyler Hoelchin play Superman yet, although I'm not a fan of his smug look in the commercials I see. He would have to be pretty rough to be worse than Dean Cain in the part. Poor Dean, great guy just bad casting in my opinion.
              Looking for FTC figures from 5-10 years ago

Comment

• Hector
                el Hombre de Acero
                • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by HeartofGlass
                I've not seen Tyler Hoelchin play Superman yet, although I'm not a fan of his smug look in the commercials I see. He would have to be pretty rough to be worse than Dean Cain in the part. Poor Dean, great guy just bad casting in my opinion.
                If you want to see Superman gets his butt kicked repeatedly by Supergirl, time and time again...and him saying to her that she’s stronger, faster, better than him...over and over again, then Tyler Hoelchin is your Superman. His Superman is the most useless bum superhero ever...everybody in the lame Supergirl show beats him into submission. In one episode, all the heroes were fighting to save the planet...except for Superman, who was knocked out unconscious and was in a coma for the duration of the episode. Pathetic. I’d rather see Pee Wee Herman play Superman.
                sigpic

Comment

• powersthatbe
                  Persistent Member
                  • Sep 27, 2010

It was ridiculous that green arrow in the crossover was the take charge leader but not "lil" superman.

Comment

• Hector
                    el Hombre de Acero
                    • May 19, 2003

Exactly, lol...
                    sigpic

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
                      Often invisible
                      • Jul 18, 2002

If they’re going to go to the trouble, then give him a cgi spitcurl.
                      Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• hedrap
                        Permanent Member
                        • Feb 10, 2009

^Not that advanced yet. It would help though.

It's interesting when you blend Welling and Cavill's features, you get a really, really good Superman. The more chiseled jaw and brown eyes are Cavill, but the nose, hair, face shape is all Welling and somehow it gives more expression to Cavil's acting. Surreal to say the least.

But even with the shortness of this clip shows how flawed Snyder's thinking was. Here's the military, arbitrarily opening fire like its Kong v Godzilla and not two superfast human-size objects. Zach is a talented guy and he's mistaken that for being a deep thinker.

Comment

• Random Axe
                          The Voice of Reason
                          • Apr 16, 2008

Is the WB exec that hired Snyder for this still employed? Zach is terrific st cinematography but is pretty much a firey nuclear waste carrying train detailing and crashing into an orphanage and animal shelter as a director. He should have been stopped after 300.
                          I almost had a psychic girlfriend but she dumped me before we met.

If anyone here believes in psychokinesis, please raise my hand.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                            Hi Ernie!!!
                            • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by Random Axe
                            Is the WB exec that hired Snyder for this still employed? Zach is terrific st cinematography but is pretty much a firey nuclear waste carrying train detailing and crashing into an orphanage and animal shelter as a director. He should have been stopped after 300.
                            just looked to see what he's up to. A zombie pic with Dave Bautista and adapting the Fountainhead? really?
                            You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
                              Often invisible
                              • Jul 18, 2002

Snyder is pretty good at dystopian movies. I liked Watchmen and Dawn of the Dead. Superman, however, shouldn’t be a dystopian story and that’s one of the main reasons he wasn’t a good choice for director.
                              Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎