Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • monitor_ep
    Talkative Member
    • May 11, 2013

When I would go to my VA appointments we would go to Jason Deli. I would order there BBQ back potato and my boyfriend would order the soup and sandwich. We also ordered the one trip salad bar for a few dollars extra. They give you this huge bowl/plate for your one trip, they also have minimuffins & cornbread desserts and different salad toppings. We would take the other food home and eat it later. Bonus they had free soft serve ice-cream so we would make rootbeer or coke floats to have on the way home.

Now they are still open but its not the same. No more salad bar just place your order for your sandwich or soup and go. I love eating salads but not sure I will be able to enjoy a salad bar for a long time. Guess it good I have my own garden to grow my own veggies.
    Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• cjefferys
      Duke of Gloat
      • Apr 23, 2006

Originally posted by Hector

I don’t agree with their politics, but when I’m hungry...I’ll even frequent Satan’s personal restaurant and order fried demons...
      That's another reason I don't go there, not only is it just a chicken burger (plenty of other places to go for good ones, Popeyes, A&W, KFC, Arbys, the choices are endless), I also don't agree with a lot of their stances, so all in all I just ignore the place. I'd only go there if I was starving, or if was out of my control.

Comment

• Hector
        el Hombre de Acero
        • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by cjefferys
        That's another reason I don't go there, not only is it just a chicken burger (plenty of other places to go for good ones, Popeyes, A&W, KFC, Arbys, the choices are endless), I also don't agree with a lot of their stances, so all in all I just ignore the place. I'd only go there if I was starving, or if was out of my control.

But they are a much cleaner establishment. Similar to In N Out. The employees are all so cheerful and nice too.

Popeye’s are all located in places where you have to wear a bullet-proof vest, lol.

I can’t stand KFC. Nothing but employees with attitude, plus their chicken is the saltiest in the land.

A&W and Arby’s are you typical fast food fair.

Hate to say it, but Chick-Fil-A is the go to chicken sandwich joint for me...it tastes fresher too.

I’m a lost cause...

sigpic

Comment

• PNGwynne
          Master of Fowl Play
          • Jun 5, 2008

You might feel differently if they supported hateful and politically influential action against Latinos, as they have with the LGBTQ community.

I've had their food second-hand, before I was more aware. Yummy. But not worth my $$ or my conscience. I guess I don't have much of a sense of humor obout them, sorry.
          WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Hector
            el Hombre de Acero
            • May 19, 2003

I don’t care about other Latinos...I care about my tummy being full, lol...
            sigpic

Comment

• Hector
              el Hombre de Acero
              • May 19, 2003

Did this get political? Who started all this???

I want heads to roll...

Oops, I think it was me...

sigpic

Comment

• PNGwynne
                Master of Fowl Play
                • Jun 5, 2008

You know what will "fix" this? You should post a delicious home-made meal with pix. We haven't had a foodie thread in a while.

I made old-school chicken croquettes tonight with veloute sauce. Ate too many and now, indigestion.
                WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Hector
                  el Hombre de Acero
                  • May 19, 2003

Where have you been?

I had never made pizza from scratch ever before until the pandemic started. I mean, the most I’ve done before was buy that Boboli already made crust from the supermarket. You add your ingredients...and heat it in the oven. That, and heat frozen DiGornio and Red Baron stuff. Well, it was all subpar crap. Also grew tired

sigpic

Comment

• Mikey
                    Verbose Member
                    • Aug 9, 2001

Question for all you chefs out there -- i'm looking in your direction Hec

When I make fresh sausage I fry it to golden brown in the frying pan on cooking oil-- when browned I fill the pan with water even depth with sausage, cover and simmer for 25-sh minutes … done

Was always thinking about trying to make it in the crock … does it come out any better ? … is it even worth it ? … do you have to brown first ?

Comment

• YoungOnce
                      Career Member
                      • Aug 29, 2007

I love Chic-fil-a... best chicken sandwich ever.

And I'm with Hector... all of the other restaurants should study their business model in cleanliness and customer service.

Chic-fil-a is the Disneyworld of fast food restaurants.

On the other side of it... I listen to all kinds of music that I personally don't agree with the artist on their beliefs. I watch all kinds of movies where I don't subscribe to the worldview. I like all kinds of actors who I think are nuts. I cannot wallow in disdain for other people's actions all of the time. What fun is it to go through life constantly offended?

Comment

• cjefferys
                        Duke of Gloat
                        • Apr 23, 2006

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                        You might feel differently if they supported hateful and politically influential action against Latinos, as they have with the LGBTQ community.

I've had their food second-hand, before I was more aware. Yummy. But not worth my $$ or my conscience. I guess I don't have much of a sense of humor obout them, sorry.

I feel the same way, not worth my money or conscience (or time, considering the ridiculous lineups the local ones still have) And like I said, it's just a chicken burger, it can't be that much better.

Comment

• cjefferys
                          Duke of Gloat
                          • Apr 23, 2006

Did this get political? Who started all this???

I want heads to roll...

Oops, I think it was me...

Yeah, and I piled on, guilty as charged.

(actually, I wasn't really looking at it from a political angle at all, just basic human rights and decency. I hope that those are still separate things in this world)
                          Last edited by cjefferys; May 15, '20, 3:02 PM.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                            Master of Fowl Play
                            • Jun 5, 2008

Where have you been?

I had never made pizza from scratch ever before until the pandemic started. I mean, the most I’ve done before was buy that Boboli already made crust from the supermarket. You add your ingredients...and heat it in the oven. That, and heat frozen DiGornio and Red Baron stuff. Well, it was all subpar crap. Also grew tired

lol Totally missed that, thx.

Comment

• Confessional
                              Maker & Whatnot
                              • Aug 8, 2012

Hah!, look, I've politely resisted making any comments about mediocre, expensive, and egomaniacal chicken products since that other thing <poofed!>… dammit, I lost my tongue in my cheek again!

This is all clearly Hector's fault! Let's cook something… I could go for a table full of deliciousness and some toy talk!
                              Last edited by Confessional; May 15, '20, 5:00 PM. Reason: … pass the sumac chicken and baba!

Comment

• J.B.
                                Guild Navigator
                                • Jun 23, 2010

Chicken, Shmicken. One of our favorite local haunts just added 3 of my favorite foods to their Take-Out/Delivery Menu for this weekend: Oysters, Shrimp and Scallops!

Oysters Galore!

"I must be dreaming."

You are transparent; I see many things... I see plans within plans.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎