Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you still eat out ?

Blog Entries
    We tried to order in for Mother's Day but apparently so did my entire town, by 4pm we were down to a single choice, Pizza Hut. None of us can bear pizza any further so we had whatever was in the freezer. I have told my wife that she's getting a "Do-Over" mother's day this week.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hector View Post
    Never ordering pizza again as I learned how to make New York style pizza from scratch, since this all started. I’m getting pretty good at it too.
    Saw a great Youtube video about this and I've been dying to try, only problem is I can't get a stone, yeast or low moisture cheese right now.

We've been home about 7 weeks now and we've gotten take out/delivery about 7-8 times, so just about once per week. We've ordered pizza once, ordered from the restaurant I worked at a couple of times to help support them, done Arby's drive thru once, Hardees a couple times and my wife has gotten breakfast sandwiches a couple of times on the way home form her grocery shopping excursions on a couple of occasions. She is a banker and they are doing a split staff 2 weeks on/2 weeks off thing and the branch usually orders in for lunch as well when she is on (she starts her on two weeks again today), but I'm not counting that for our household activity. We mostly have been doing food prep here, as my wife likes to cook and tends to make things in large batches we can eat of off for 2-3 days at a clip (stews, soups, casseroles, etc.).

-M

We managed to get a nice dinner from Crab Du Jour yesterday, but we got lucky. Their system crashed at 4 pm, right when everyone was starting to try to order Mother's Day dinner. They lost most of the orders even though the payments went through. The two lines outside the restaurant went around the place. They happen to bring out my order within 5 minutes of my arrival. I was very close to running to a grocery store for frozen something.

The few places open are often very overwhelmed even on a good day

Quote Originally Posted by palitoy View Post
    Saw a great Youtube video about this and I've been dying to try, only problem is I can't get a stone, yeast or low moisture cheese right now.
    Of coarse use any toppings U want, beware not to burn the bottom, the first will always be a virgin trial, but couldnt be simpler, U have pizza in 15 minutes.

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=1890254604440006

Quote Originally Posted by Brown Bear View Post
    No.

Other than grocery store, been home for eight weeks now like I’m supposed to.

Hope it’s over soon.
    Us too. I haven't had anything at a restaurant, including fast food drive through, since the middle of March. My wife has been making tons of healthy meals to help keep our immune systems in order. I probably haven't eaten this healthy in years! Saving TONS of money too, between that and not having to buy gas or pay bridge tolls.

Quote Originally Posted by palitoy View Post
    Lots of good videos on YouTube, thatís for sure.

I ordered all the ingredients online. The pepperoni, low moisture cheese, flour, the metal plate (better than stone)..everything.

Iím gonna make a stand alone thread...as I donít want to shortage this one.

What few times we go to town we stop at Exxon, they offer some amazing Tacos and they are overstuffed. I usually get the Egg & shredded brisket where my boyfriend goes for the standard eggs, bacon, cheese breakfast taco. A few weeks back my parents wanted KFC for Sunday dinner so we went in and picked it up.

This week as the first time we were in town after breakfast so we stopped by Dairy Queen to try the Wonder Woman blizzard, it was alright but I was disappointed they didn't have a special cup.
    Dairy Queen Wonder Woman Cookie Collison (2).jpgDairy Queen Wonder Woman Cookie Collison (1).jpg
    Last edited by monitor_ep; May 11, '20 at 5:51 PM.
    Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Images
    No, I haven't eaten out or ordered take out since mid-March. I live in a urban area and I don't feel comfortable eating out, plus I'm on furlough, so I'm trying to watch my budget anyway. However, my mom lives in a rural area and she has gone through the drive-thru a few times.

I haven't eaten food from a fast food joint in over 10 years. And the only restaurant eating I do is breakfast at a local eatery. Now I do get wings from the farmer's market when they are open on the weekends. I usually get a bucket on Friday and reheat them on my wood pellet grill throughout the week.