Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hector
    el Hombre de Acero
    • May 19, 2003

Never ordering pizza again as I learned how to make New York style pizza from scratch, since this all started. I’m getting pretty good at it too.

Come to think of it...I might just start a thread on that...

sigpic

Comment

• Duncan
      Museum focus-groupie
      • Jun 27, 2009

We just kind of happened to cut way back on fast food over the past year, but we've been doing takeout through the quarantine. We caught 50% off at Jersey Mikes, and we've done BOGO wings at BW3 a few times. Last night was chicken gyros. We've hit our Mexican place every other week...Chinese almost weekly...Raising Cane's occasionally when the drive through line wasn't around the store two times. Most places are masked up with distancing & lots of sanitizer available. We wipe down the containers with 151 vodka when we get the food home.

Comment

• MegoSteve
        Superman's Pal
        • Jun 17, 2005

This is the longest in my adult life that I've gone without eating fast food. I haven't had any drive thru since March. I did get taco truck food when I found out they were set up about a mile from me... placed an order online and ran there, stood in line for 10 minutes, then got it and ran home. It wasn't very good, fortunately, so I haven't been tempted to order from them again.

I also realized a week or so ago that this is the longest I've gone in my adult life without touching cash. I deposited my paycheck on Friday, March 13 and the walking around money I took out is still in my wallet. I used to dump my pocket change into a milk jug on my nightstand every night. I haven't added to it since then. I pay for everything with a credit card now.

People in my area are starting to revolt against the PA stay-at-home orders, though. A big local diner opened up for eat-in service yesterday in defiance of the order and apparently was pretty packed. While I sympathize with wanting to get back to normal, I hope no one gets sick and dies because people want pancakes.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
          Verbose Member
          • Mar 7, 2004

We get curbside or drive-thru about once a week. But I'm not going to be going into a restaurant when they reopen (even at lower capacities) here later this month, for a while at least, when I know this has died down, and doesn't spike, which I figure it will.

Chris
          sigpic

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
            Moderation Engineer
            • Aug 14, 2003

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
            We get curbside or drive-thru about once a week. But I'm not going to be going into a restaurant when they reopen (even at lower capacities) here later this month, for a while at least, when I know this has died down, and doesn't spike, which I figure it will.

Chris

Same here on all counts. We treat ourselves to pizza, Chinese, etc. usually once per week. Yesterday was Thai Grill for Mother's day. I just can't eat fast food anymore without regretting it later.

Comment

• palitoy
              live. laugh. lisa needs braces
              • Jun 16, 2001

We tried to order in for Mother's Day but apparently so did my entire town, by 4pm we were down to a single choice, Pizza Hut. None of us can bear pizza any further so we had whatever was in the freezer. I have told my wife that she's getting a "Do-Over" mother's day this week.
              Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
              http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• palitoy
                live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by Hector
                Never ordering pizza again as I learned how to make New York style pizza from scratch, since this all started. I’m getting pretty good at it too.
                Saw a great Youtube video about this and I've been dying to try, only problem is I can't get a stone, yeast or low moisture cheese right now.
                Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• MRP
                  Persistent Member
                  • Jul 19, 2016

We've been home about 7 weeks now and we've gotten take out/delivery about 7-8 times, so just about once per week. We've ordered pizza once, ordered from the restaurant I worked at a couple of times to help support them, done Arby's drive thru once, Hardees a couple times and my wife has gotten breakfast sandwiches a couple of times on the way home form her grocery shopping excursions on a couple of occasions. She is a banker and they are doing a split staff 2 weeks on/2 weeks off thing and the branch usually orders in for lunch as well when she is on (she starts her on two weeks again today), but I'm not counting that for our household activity. We mostly have been doing food prep here, as my wife likes to cook and tends to make things in large batches we can eat of off for 2-3 days at a clip (stews, soups, casseroles, etc.).

-M
                  "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Comment

• rykerw1701
                    Persistent Member
                    • Aug 27, 2007

We managed to get a nice dinner from Crab Du Jour yesterday, but we got lucky. Their system crashed at 4 pm, right when everyone was starting to try to order Mother's Day dinner. They lost most of the orders even though the payments went through. The two lines outside the restaurant went around the place. They happen to bring out my order within 5 minutes of my arrival. I was very close to running to a grocery store for frozen something.

The few places open are often very overwhelmed even on a good day

Comment

• alex
                      Permanent Member
                      • Jun 15, 2009

Originally posted by palitoy
                      Saw a great Youtube video about this and I've been dying to try, only problem is I can't get a stone, yeast or low moisture cheese right now.
                      Of coarse use any toppings U want, beware not to burn the bottom, the first will always be a virgin trial, but couldnt be simpler, U have pizza in 15 minutes.

Comment

• cjefferys
                        Duke of Gloat
                        • Apr 23, 2006

Originally posted by Brown Bear
                        No.

Other than grocery store, been home for eight weeks now like I’m supposed to.

Hope it’s over soon.
                        Us too. I haven't had anything at a restaurant, including fast food drive through, since the middle of March. My wife has been making tons of healthy meals to help keep our immune systems in order. I probably haven't eaten this healthy in years! Saving TONS of money too, between that and not having to buy gas or pay bridge tolls.

Comment

• Hector
                          el Hombre de Acero
                          • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by palitoy
                          Lots of good videos on YouTube, that’s for sure.

I ordered all the ingredients online. The pepperoni, low moisture cheese, flour, the metal plate (better than stone)..everything.

I’m gonna make a stand alone thread...as I don’t want to shortage this one.
                          sigpic

Comment

• monitor_ep
                            Talkative Member
                            • May 11, 2013

What few times we go to town we stop at Exxon, they offer some amazing Tacos and they are overstuffed. I usually get the Egg & shredded brisket where my boyfriend goes for the standard eggs, bacon, cheese breakfast taco. A few weeks back my parents wanted KFC for Sunday dinner so we went in and picked it up.

This week as the first time we were in town after breakfast so we stopped by Dairy Queen to try the Wonder Woman blizzard, it was alright but I was disappointed they didn't have a special cup.
                            Dairy Queen Wonder Woman Cookie Collison (2).jpgDairy Queen Wonder Woman Cookie Collison (1).jpg
                            Last edited by monitor_ep; May 11, '20, 5:51 PM.
                            Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• RonnyG
                              Career Member
                              • Apr 23, 2014

No, I haven't eaten out or ordered take out since mid-March. I live in a urban area and I don't feel comfortable eating out, plus I'm on furlough, so I'm trying to watch my budget anyway. However, my mom lives in a rural area and she has gone through the drive-thru a few times.

Comment

• megoapesnut
                                The name says it all!
                                • Dec 3, 2007

I haven't eaten food from a fast food joint in over 10 years. And the only restaurant eating I do is breakfast at a local eatery. Now I do get wings from the farmer's market when they are open on the weekends. I usually get a bucket on Friday and reheat them on my wood pellet grill throughout the week.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎