• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mikey
    Verbose Member
    • Aug 9, 2001

Do you still eat out ?

I haven't had fast food in months and I think i'm about to go stir crazy

Got a big box of frozen White Castles at the local grocery and it helped a little

I want unhealthy already made food !!!

Just wondering, are yous eating out as usual ? (eating out meaning bringing fast food home to enjoy)
  • CrimsonGhost
    Often invisible
    • Jul 18, 2002

Yeah, I just drove thru Carl’s Jr. today.

But having said that, I’ve been working from home and having groceries delivered so I don’t really have to go much of anywhere at this point and therefore mostly make food at home.
    Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• PNGwynne
      Master of Fowl Play
      • Jun 5, 2008

Yes, fast food and carry-out. Planning on KFC tomorrow.
      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• palitoy
        live. laugh. lisa needs braces
        • Jun 16, 2001

After five weeks, I had a McDonalds cheeseburger because I didn't have food at the studio I've set up across town. It was transcendent.
        Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
        http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• powersthatbe
          Persistent Member
          • Sep 27, 2010

for the first several weeks no but now I go through drive thru at Taco Bell and Burger King on my day off. And twice in the past two weeks I ordered take out from a Chinese restaurant for me and my folks. Since I work in a grocery store I have been able to bring food home every day.

Comment

• Hector
            el Hombre de Acero
            • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by palitoy
            After five weeks, I had a McDonalds cheeseburger because I didn't have food at the studio I've set up across town. It was transcendent.
            I did almost the same thing. I ventured out for the first time (since the quarantined orders) a couple days ago for an important errand...and before driving home...I went to the McDonalds drive thru...and got myself two McDoubles. Holy mother of gawd, they sure hit the spot...

sigpic

Comment

• Hector
              el Hombre de Acero
              • May 19, 2003

I have ordered food delivery several times. I mean, we have our two fridges loaded with food...but we also want to support restaurants. We have ordered Japanese, Chinese, Italian, Greek, Thai, Indian...even pastries from local bakeries.
              sigpic

Comment

• SeattleEd
                SynthoRes Transmigrator
                • Oct 24, 2007

We have been doing it three times a week since the get go to help the local indie restaurants we frequent. It is looking like many of our favorite places will be closing permanently but we still do our best to support them. Glad Dick's burgers are nearby but they limited their hours at our location. No plans to close down.
                We came to Portland to check on family and saw that all the fast food places were packed so we ordered from our favorite restaurants.
                Gonna hit up Burgerville when we drive back to Seattle but need to time it for off hours to avoid lines.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                  Hi Ernie!!!
                  • Feb 15, 2004

Wendy's yesterday since its close to home and can't eat in he lobby and they are limiting patties on burgers to one. FLA allowed restaurants to open but hardly any are.
                  You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                    Muddling through
                    • Oct 4, 2008

nope. I don't.

we don't eat fast food normally. pizza or Chinese maybe once a week but have not done that in months, even though my daughter works at the Chinese place

Comment

• thunderbolt
                      Hi Ernie!!!
                      • Feb 15, 2004

we just do weekend lunch. Still most are closed to indoors even though our genius Gov opened up the state. Since the opening 2500 new cases too.
                      You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• drquest
                        ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
                        • Apr 17, 2012

We've not had anything out since March 16th. No fast food or pick up or delivery including pizza. We pick up groceries at curbside and have had some Omaha Steak deliveries and that's it.

It's been a tough transition and my kids complain almost as much as I do
                        Danny(Drquest)
                        Captain Action HQ
                        Retro shirts and stuff
                        More retro shirts
                        Stuff For Sale

Comment

• BATMAN89
                          Mego obsessed!!!
                          • Jul 20, 2010

Almost every day!
                          I live alone, but I have my kids over 2-3 nights a week, and sleep over every other weekend.
                          That weekend usually starts off with PIZZA!
                          I do cook for them, but not too often for myself.
                          Big Kid Toys Facebook Page!

My Good Trader's List
                          My Early Custom Megos

Comment

• Confessional
                            Maker & Whatnot
                            • Aug 8, 2012

No fast food since the first week of March… I only half-trust a few of them to be clean and decent normally; that risk (to be ultra-clean/conscious now) just hasn't seemed worth it given the situation.

That said, we certainly have had a fair share of comfort and junk food on the home front. We both cook so no complaints, and I'm sure In-N-Out Burger will be waiting for me in the weeks ahead.
                            Last edited by Confessional; May 10, '20, 10:41 AM. Reason: …pandemic ice cream fever!

Comment

• Brown Bear
                              Still Old School
                              • Feb 14, 2008

No.

Other than grocery store, been home for eight weeks now like I’m supposed to.

Hope it’s over soon.
                              Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎