Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mr.Marion
    Permanent Member
    • Sep 15, 2014

My favorite fast-food Abby's always seems to be a few miles off the beaten path. I do go to Burger King once a week or so.im trying to support local carry out so I'll get Thai or BBQ once a week as well.

Comment

• powersthatbe
      Persistent Member
      • Sep 27, 2010

a cool thing at my job during this every sunday mgmt have bought and given us food for lunch from local small businesses. Venezuelen,Indian,Mexican. The venezulean food was very good and all was different from usual fare.

Comment

• ScottA
        Original Member
        • Jun 25, 2001

Usually Burger King or Zaxby's, mainly because they are close. Usually 2-3 times a week. Havn't had Chick Fil A since beginning of March. Just don't want to wait in that line.

Haven't had delivery from anywhere.
        sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Comment

• powersthatbe
          Persistent Member
          • Sep 27, 2010

I live by a Chik Fil A and they are always packed and with the drive thru and at all times of every day. Friday my comic shop reopens so I am planning to get curbside at a Mexican restaurant called Aztec. Will be In the mood for a chicken chimichanga .

Comment

• Mikey
            Verbose Member
            • Aug 9, 2001

I don't get the love affair many people have with Chik Fil A

One moved in near me last year and I finally tried it --- was surprised everything was boneless chicken patties

If I want that i'll just buy a pack of Tysons at the local grocery store

Comment

• cjefferys
              Duke of Gloat
              • Apr 23, 2006

Originally posted by Mikey
              I don't get the love affair many people have with Chik Fil A

One moved in near me last year and I finally tried it --- was surprised everything was boneless chicken patties

If I want that i'll just buy a pack of Tysons at the local grocery store

Yeah, it's just a chicken burger. Wow, yay! I know that the place is like a religion to some people (no pun intended ) but all the line ups for what is basically a fast food chicken burger are ridiculous. Reminds me of when Krispy Kreme came to town and had huge line ups. It's a friggin' donut, people, get over it. Not surprisingly, the local Krispy Kremes are all out of business now.

Comment

• Random Axe
                The Voice of Reason
                • Apr 16, 2008

I am a huge fan of Longhorn Steakhouse, Buckhead Mountain Grill and other assorted varieties of the same except Outback. I hope every location burns to the ground.

That said, I have zero plans to go out to eat for a long time. I doubt the restaurant business will every return to any semblance of normalcy. We just trained all of North America that ANYTHING can be delivered to your house. I don't see the normal traffic flow returning to capacity. Doordash and Grubhub might as well be printing money now. They cleaned up on this. Julie and I have survived with pizza delivery from locally owned only and Chinese. Probably three times a week I'll put some fish in the oven and have sandwiches or make a bunch of wings, usually 25. I can go more but the pizza stone I use to cook them can only hold so many and I'm too lazy to make a second batch.

To answer the main question that started this thread, I'll eat out but only carry out/delivery. I really don't see myself having a sitdown meal till 2021. I'm not one for taking chances.
                I almost had a psychic girlfriend but she dumped me before we met.

If anyone here believes in psychokinesis, please raise my hand.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                  Verbose Member
                  • Mar 7, 2004

^Wow, Scott! What did Outback do? Something personal, or are they an evil corporation I don't know about?

I heard Steak N' Shake is taking a hit from this, closing half of its locations. I like the food, but the service there is usually iffy at best. Its so cheap, you can't complain too much... but I don't think it creates an atmosphere of brand loyalty in a time like this.

Chris
                  sigpic

Comment

• drquest
                    ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
                    • Apr 17, 2012

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris

I heard Steak N' Shake is taking a hit from this, closing half of its locations. I like the food, but the service there is usually iffy at best. Its so cheap, you can't complain too much... but I don't think it creates an atmosphere of brand loyalty in a time like this.

Chris
                    I'm a Steak N Shake fan, and it troubles me driving by the closed restaurants. Our local one is still open and I hope it doesn't go away. The owner of Steak N Shake in my opinion is the problem. He's trying to compete with the McDonalds, Wendy's and Burger King on price and it's killing their margins. Steak N Shake always was higher priced, but the food was better quality. I'll happily pay more for better quality. but maybe I'm in the minority.

Regarding Chick-Fil-A, it's quick and that's about all I have to say about it.

One of favorite fast food places finally opened in my town right around the time everything shut down. Freddy's Frozen Custard & Steakburgers. I had it once the week they opened in March, and since we haven't been having anything take out or delivery since then that was my last time having it. It's has good food, a lot like Steak N Shake or Culvers.
                    Danny(Drquest)
                    Captain Action HQ
                    Retro shirts and stuff
                    More retro shirts
                    Stuff For Sale

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                      Verbose Member
                      • Mar 7, 2004

I'm a Steak N Shake fan, and it troubles me driving by the closed restaurants. Our local one is still open and I hope it doesn't go away. The owner of Steak N Shake in my opinion is the problem. He's trying to compete with the McDonalds, Wendy's and Burger King on price and it's killing their margins. Steak N Shake always was higher priced, but the food was better quality. I'll happily pay more for better quality. but maybe I'm in the minority.

Regarding Chick-Fil-A, it's quick and that's about all I have to say about it.

One of favorite fast food places finally opened in my town right around the time everything shut down. Freddy's Frozen Custard & Steakburgers. I had it once the week they opened in March, and since we haven't been having anything take out or delivery since then that was my last time having it. It's has good food, a lot like Steak N Shake or Culvers.
                      Yeah, now that you say that, I realize Steak N' Shake changed their model to "cheap prices" a few years back. I guess that hasn't worked out for them.

We recently got a Freddy's in the town I work in (well, used to work in before working from home). It basically is Steak N' Shake food with Culver's custard for dessert. Not bad, but much pricier than current SNS.

Oh, and I personally like Chick-Fil-A, because I really love their Spicy Chicken Sandwich. Wendy's really screwed the pooch when they changed their menu a few years back, including their Spicy Chicken. I really don't care for how their sandwiches are dressed, or their fries too much now. So I'd rather go Chick to get a Spicy.

But we LOVE Raisin' Cane's Chicken Fingers. That Cane's Sauce...man. I would eat rusty nails covered in that!

Chris

Chris
                      Last edited by Earth 2 Chris; May 13, '20, 3:43 PM.
                      sigpic

Comment

• PNGwynne
                        Master of Fowl Play
                        • Jun 5, 2008

I like Steak n Shake, I agree with drquest. I would go regularly but there's not one nearby.

Chick-fil-A can all burn to the ground as far as I'm concerned, regardless of their product.

I'm still a person who likes to shop and eat out, this insular being catered to is not good IMO.
                        Last edited by PNGwynne; May 13, '20, 5:30 PM.
                        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• cjefferys
                          Duke of Gloat
                          • Apr 23, 2006

Originally posted by Random Axe

I doubt the restaurant business will every return to any semblance of normalcy.
                          I don't think so either. My wife was working at a breakfast restaurant before all this went down and we were just talking today how it seems unlikely she will be back to work there anytime soon. It's just a small restaurant with limited seating and no take out (who's going to bother getting take out or delivery for eggs and pancakes in the morning), and a family business, so whenever they are able to open once Ontario starts loosening restrictions, it will probably be run by only the owners and just barebones staff for awhile.

I really don't see myself having a sitdown meal till 2021. I'm not one for taking chances.
                          I'm with you Scott, I really can't envision sitting in a restaurant for a loooong time. Many people feel the same, and that alone will have a big impact on restaurants and other businesses once they start opening up. Many restaurants, theme parks, cruise ships, concert venues, etc. will really be struggling if they only have 50% of their normal business, if that, when they are allowed to reopen. Sure, things may eventually get more normal, but many businesses are in no financial position to wait it out.

Comment

• Hector
                            el Hombre de Acero
                            • May 19, 2003

I like Chick-Fil-A too. Great customer service. Super clean establishment. Fast service. Good prices. Fresh and tasty menu.

I don’t agree with their politics, but when I’m hungry...I’ll even frequent Satan’s personal restaurant and order fried demons...

Last edited by Hector; May 13, '20, 7:02 PM.
                            sigpic

Comment

• Hector
                              el Hombre de Acero
                              • May 19, 2003

Popeye’s chicken sandwich is pretty darn good too
                              sigpic

Comment

• Mikey
                                Verbose Member
                                • Aug 9, 2001

My local Popeye's had a drive-thru line of cars all the way from the drive-thru to down the street … I like Popeye's, but not THAT much

Weird how some similar eating places are either opened or closed … My local Texas Roadhouse is opened but Ruby Tuesdays is closed.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎